What happens to AE comps once a Team Project is converted to a Premiere Pro project?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our workflow consists of dozens of AE comps for titles and text builds across many Premiere sequences. We're considering using team projects, but I need to know if the AE comps will be accessible and editable once we convert the team project back to a Premiere Pro project for local archiving. Additionally, once the programs are completed, we produce foreign language versions of all the titles and text builds. Historically we've used dynamic linking to achieve this by duplicating the project files to create the alternate language versions while maintaining all of the linked paths of the English version.

In my testing so far, when the team project is converted the AE comps still appear on the timeline but cannot be opened. Additionally, AE elements such as adjustment layers and solids show as missing when the project opens.

I'm looking for more information on this workflow before committing to the Team Project approach.

TOPICS
Dynamic link, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Updated]

Hi,

I just ran a quick test on PPRO_14.5 + AE_17.5 and can reproduce the scenario where the comp remains offline.
If you want to archive a Team Project that contains AE comps you would need to convert the Team Project to a local Project in  After Effects and in Premiere Pro. After opening the .prproj file you can import the comps in the .aep file via dynamic link.
I also saw a 'solid' in the missing media dialog, I just hit 'Cancel' as a solid doesn't have an attachable path. 
You can create copies of your Team Project via 'File > Save As...' for your localized versions work.

Best,
Udo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more