• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Cool Website

Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this site today, and was impressed enough to share.  It has surprised me with its revelations.

https://thetruesize.com/

The idea, as you will have guessed as soon as you open the link, is to enter a country in the search wind, and drag that country over other countries.

I tried it with NZ and the UK (because I thought I was familiar with their relative sizes, and found that NZ is way bigger than I'd thought.  Tourists are forever under estimating how long it takes to drive place to place here. 

image.png

As well as the distance, you have windy roads occasionally blocked by a couple of thousand sheep, and one way bridges shared with trains.

image.png

When COVID is under control enough to allow us to open our borderes (assuming it ever is) give yourself plenty of time so you can actually apreciate the scenery (the cops here put speeding just below murder on their bad things people can do list) and drop me a line if passing though Marlborough so you can drop by for a cuppa or a glass of our lovely wine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great site and what an eyeopener.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines