• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add us to the 60+% using Google Chrome

Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has started selling her copper art on Amazon, and was having a problem because the part of Amazon used by individuals to sell things did NOT like the (all updated, with Windows 10) Internet Explorer that works just fine to buy things from Amazon

I was also getting tired of the current IE 'detecting a problem' and doing a web site restart several times a day

So, I searched to find a better web browser

After starting 10 years ago, when IE had 90% of the browser in use share, Google Chrome now has 60+% of the market, and IE is down to about 15% - which includes the 2 computers in our shared office

She can list her art on Amazon, and I no longer have any web site restarts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Chrome for a while now.   Firefox is my backup browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox is better but yes Chrome is ok as a browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I only recently discovered that Internet Explorer was still an option with Windows 10.  I was talking to a help desk guy who asked me to open IE, and I said, 'You mean Edge?'.   I can't remember the specifics, but apparently IE was the only browser to implement a particular function.  Since then I have that same site working with Chrome, which is my go to browser.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING: Below, I am stealing a couple posts from the "Something We Can All Relate To" thread.

I have been bouncing between Chrome and Firefox for years, simply from disgust. To put it simply:

IE.jpg

And just because I think it needs to be said (again):

Browsers.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

After starting 10 years ago, when IE had 90% of the browser in use share, Google Chrome now has 60+% of the market, and IE is down to about 15% - which includes the 2 computers in our shared office

John, I am curious about where you are getting your browser stats? W3 schools says Chrome is closer to 80% now and that IE was 47% ten years ago in November of 2008.: Browser Statistics

39A493A4-52AE-408B-A11F-0711ED9AA642.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea... I did a search and the page I clicked on (I did not save a link) is what gave the numbers I posted

At this point, I'm not going to care if 60% or 80% is a better number... I've switched to Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome? I'm not touching the thing! It's bad enough with Google's personal data harvesting as it is - just imagine what they can do with a browser! Let's not be paranoid, OK, but let's not be naive either. They're not offering a free browser to be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines