Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Powered Magic

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone -

I am looking to collect inspirational stories of how Adobe has powered magic in your lives. Please share with all of us stories around how you have been able to express yourself more/better, do more good in the world, or simply create something you are proud about as a result of using Adobe software and services. Adobe's vision is to democratize creativity and empower ordinary people like you and me to accomplish extraordinary things. Everyone has a story to tell. I can't wait to hear yours.

Create an awesome week,

Rani

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in photography for roughly 40 years. When I started, I was very interested in composites like Jerry Uelsmann and others. However, doing this in the darkroom was too slow, too hard, and difficult to achieve what you envision. With Photoshop, all those barriers have come down, and I can pretty much create whatever I envision - including things that can't be photographed. I mentioned this in an interview I had with Adobe back in 2012 that was shown at the 2013 keynote for Photoshop World in Orlando; however, a lot of my comments regarding this didn't make the final cut. Several of us were chosen to be interviewed. I had just won Best in Show for a composite image I did using Photoshop, which was featured on the cover of Photoshop User Magazine. I've won other awards for using Photoshop ranging from illustration, compositing, and to photo restoration.

Adobe's Keynote at Photoshop World Orlando 2013 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was part of the same interview with Adobe back in 2012. I won a guru award for the artistic division the same year Chuck won best of show. We sat next to each other during the keynote. So for starters, Adobe has powered a magic of friendships that inspire me to keep learning and creating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, through Adobe, Theresa and and I have become good friends. We've both won mutiple Guru Awards, and as Theresa mentioned sat together during the awards. We're also TA'd the same classes at MAX for the past two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love to hear this type of community connection!  Building relationships, finding others who understand your thinking, confirms Rani's and my mission to make more of this happen with our ACPs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Theresa and I often bounce ideas off each other on projects that we're doing. In combination with other Adobe NDA groups, I've gotten together with others involved. For example: George Reis and I recently started a Technical and Scientific Imaging group in So Cal. Gary Coyne, another ACP is also involved with this group. Through attending some of the Adobe Community User groups in the LA area, I've met several other ACP & UGM, such as Keith Johnson, Anissa Barton-Thompson, Anissa Barton-Thompson, Daniel Kramer,Scott Valentine, Daniel Sofer, and others. Andrew also did a couple interviews with me a while ago. Interview with Chuck Uebele – Photographer & Photoshop Artist. So much has happened to me due to my involvement with Adobe. It's been great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines