• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sued After Premiere Pro Deletes $250,000 Worth of Video Files

Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what to make of this.  The videographer appears to have a very lax approach to DAM for a 'Professional'.  The comments are always interesting in a situation like this (I decided to stay clear).

https://petapixel.com/2018/11/14/photographer-sues-adobe-saying-bug-deleted-files-worth-250000/

For what it is worth, I try to avoid video jobs because I don't enjoy the editing process, but with the time it takes, it would be unthinkable to lose a project, so I have adequate storage and Shadow Protect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only do home movies, but my files are important enough to me that I use a docking station and several 'bare' drives for backup

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-SuperSpeed-Docking-Station-Cooling/dp/B0055PL2YI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to taking responsibility for one's actions or lack of actions (not backing up)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting, I wonder what Adobe has in its fine print on acceptance of installing its software.

I am sure they are legally covered hence their rejecting his out of court claim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hard to feel sorry for anyone that stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines