• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you interested in live-streaming your creative process on Twitch.tv?

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm a little new around here so I'll go ahead and introduce myself: I'm Kathleen (Kirker) Martin and I am working as the Support Product Manager for Mobile. Along with offering support for our mobile users, I am also a dedicated artist with a background in illustration. Recently, I have been live-streaming my creative process on Twitch.tv and I LOVE it.

Twitch is a huge online video broadcasting site. It is used primarily for streaming video games but has recently gotten a lot of attention for its Creative section (heard of the Twitch Bob Ross marathon?). Adobe even has its own channel where artists from all over the world (even a few of our own Adobe Evangelists!) stream their creative processes using a multitude of platforms.

Here's the link to the Adobe Channel --> Adobe Twitch Channel

Are you interested in broadcasting your work on the Adobe Channel? Please note that there is an application process to become a broadcaster on the Adobe Channel. Not only do you need to be skilled artists, but they need to be comfortable as a broadcasting personality . This means:

• engaging with chat and being comfortable chatting with viewers vocally. They're real people who will be interested in what you're doing and asking questions as well as sharing their thoughts (which is welcome!).
  • being comfortable on camera (yes, that means showing your face!)
  • being comfortable with Twitch culture. It can take some time to get used to the norms, as in any social environment. This can only be learned by spending time within the community, asking questions and participating in chat.
  • We are looking for high energy broadcasters who are able to work and chat at the same time. Viewers love hearing stories, being asked questions and hearing what you have to say about your craft. The broadcaster generally keeps up this pattern of working and chatting simultaneously for the duration of the stream.
  • We are also looking for creatives with great skills even if they are more quiet. We may want some "chillstreams", or we may pair you up with a commentator who can come into your stream on skype and do more of the chatting.
  • And of course, we need people who support Adobe’s branding by maintaining a positive tone and focusing on the art. This doesn't mean obsessing about the Adobe products, but it does mean keeping a professional attitude about your work and the channel.

So, how do I go about getting started?

1) Meet your community. Twitch.tv/Adobe is a great place to start learning about how Twitch works. Join the chat and explore a little on your own! Here's the main page for Twitch Creative with tons of other channels to enjoy: Twitch Creative main page

2) Get a couple streams under your belt! Feel free to post here or message me when you're going to begin so we can come watch and help if needed. (See the tips below for info on streaming software)

3) Please post here if you are interested in applying as well as a link to your channel.

More info:

• Here's a link to the most commonly used broadcasting software, OBS: https://obsproject.com/ ‌ . Set-up is a bit daunting but once you get the basics, it's a breeze.

(Keep in mind streaming from a Mac can be a little difficult but by no means impossible.. For example, 3rd part software like Sound Flower may be needed to output music audio while you stream )

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Kathleenillustrated

Twitch.tv/kathleenillustrated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen,

Rani pointed me here and told me I should give this a try. I am definitely interested but have never watched twitch.tv before. I'm going to familiarize myself with what's happening first before I apply.

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Theresa! So glad to hear from you. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail when you begin streaming! Kirker@adobe.com

Cheers!

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathleen,

Rani Mani suggested I explore Twitch. I've been doing online videos both live and recorded for many years but haven't a clue as to how I could set something up on Twitch.

I downloaded and set up OBS and seem to have got it set to stream to my Twitch feed.

But I don't know how to attract people to the stream or what to do when they are there.

Is there a tutorial I could watch?

Also, I'm NOT an artist. But I know InDesign as well as any Adobe evangelist.

Best,

Sandee Cohen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it took me a few days, but I was able to stream a movie, archive it, and now post its link: Twitch

I'm afraid to post the link more publicly since it's very rough.

But how would I invite people to view the stream live to ask questions, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

One way to dip your toe in the water for someone starting out new would be to buddy up with someone like Kathleen who has been doing this for a while. She could be monitoring the chat pod and engaging with the viewers while you are illustrating as an example so that you don't feel pressured out the gate to talk, demo, and respond all at the same time. It's definitely something that takes a bit of practice and getting used to.

You will be such a natural though since you excel in teaching people live.

Thanks for checking this out,

Rani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

Adobe Evangelist Jason Levine is streaming right now on Twitch.tv/Adobe - he'll be on for another hour and a half. His stream is revolving around Premiere Pro Workflow Tips that everyone should know.

Twitch.tv/Adobe

This stream is a really great example of:

1) Offering support without being too stiff - it's more like a friendly conversation. This is what viewers really respond to!

2) Answering questions on the fly - viewers are asking questions in chat as they're inspired and curious by what they're seeing

3) Reading chat, talking and working at the same time in smooth succession.. It's harder than it looks &#X1f60a

Twitch.tv/Adobe

Feel free to jump into chat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason is brilliant!  And I would imagine he can really engage an audience.  In fact, I have not only seen him in action at large scale Adobe Events, but he has spoken at my Behance Event in Germany.  He had everyone laughing and smiling.  He is a master at really getting people to respond to what he is talking about.... I bet his stream was brilliant.  Give him a high five for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am interested in the opportunity! I recently discovered twitch and have been absolutely MARATHONING adobe's channel in addition to a few other creative channels. I am a visual artist who works in a combination of digital illustration and traditional painting- gouache (which I've noticed there is a distinct lack of online instruction about) and a variety of other mediums.. oils, acrylics, charcoal, etc.. I am a college grad and currently doing a lot of studies and illustrations to train up and build my portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interesting in streaming my Premiere Pro workflow on Twitch, using OBS Studios. However, the video in the Program and Source windows are blank when doing a Window Capture. Works fine with a Display Capture, but I'd prefer to do it as a window capture given the width of my two monitors. Any ideas?

PremierePro Window Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo Jason! Thanks for reaching out. I've had similar issues, but with menus and cursors not appearing with a program/window capture. If the ratio of the display is tripping you up, it may be a good excuse to make some cool screen graphics to take up the dark space!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The Twitch video isn't working properly in the Photoshop General Discussion‌

image.png

Edit: Never mind, it seems to have sorted itself out after a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My name is O Abnormal (Sergio Villa-Isaza) and I'm a fantasy/scifi artist. I stream every week day at 10AM (EST/-5GMT) for a few hours, and would definitely like to apply for Adobe Creative.

Here's a link to my channel: "Oabnormal"
And here's a link to my portfolio: O’s Portfolio! |

Thank you in advance for your time and attention!

O Abnormal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My name is Mioree, and id definitively like to apply. I draw fantasy and very stylized art. I stream almost daily. 

My channel is http://www.twitch.tv/mioree.

You can find my portfolio here: Behance.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

Best wishes,

Mioree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kathleen (Kirker) Martin,

I would love to participate in your adobe stream!  I mostly do comic related art, but occasionally paint and do other things.  I focus mostly on figure art and do a lot with anatomy.  My stream can be found here.  And my Tumblr where you can find my portfolio.

Thanks in advance

Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My name is Amanda Todd, aka "Ladyghoul" on a few social media sites including my name on Twitch. I currently work as a Senior Illustrator on the FX animated show "Archer" and do personal, freelance, and commission work in my free time. I stream both digital and traditional artwork in Creative!

My Twitch stream profile: https://www.twitch.tv/ladyghoul/profile

My Portfolio page: Amanda Todd Illustration

Thanks for looking!

Amanda T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love, Love, Love Twitch TV channel! I wish I was good enough to host a show I would do it in a heartbeat! I would like to see a show where you had an evangelist have a newer person just getting into Adobe products or even Design/Dev and was allowed to ask questions. Do a different program each week or a series over an extended period of time and follow a group or a single person for awhile. Then of course the chat as well would have questions and there would need to be someone to monitor that and throw those questions at the host. Just a thought even though I love to watch the shows on there I feel like with a one on one the questions would be better as well as the answers. From someone who is so good at these programs such as Terry White or Dani Beaumont they may miss the mark as to what the new person is actually struggling with and what needs the most attention. Thanks Again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Your enthusiasm is catching! I'm so glad you've been enjoying the channel and your feedback is greatly appreciated. On Thursday, 4/21, 4/25 and 5/12, Jesus Ramirez (an Adobe ACP!) will be streaming from 12-3PM PST with some intro-to-photoshop content. I think he'll do a great job of really starting from the beginning and shepherding the newbies. Please feel free to stop by and chat!

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great I am a subscriber to Photoshop Training Channel Jesus's site. He is very good. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirker

Hey thanks for the welcome the other day to the Adobe Channel. Not sure what is planned for the future on the Adobe channel but as things progress I would be willing to do a vehicle design class. Cover basics of perspectives and go over the foundation for drawing cars, spaceships, Mechs(robots)  and man made technical objects. Those are the things I excel at. Let me know your thoughts when your available. Oh by the way I got the music thing figured out. Don't have it on my last stream but I got it going, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirker

I have been watching the Adobe stream a lot lately while I work in the day and I love it. Been learning a lot from Molt. Let me introduce myself my name is Dwayne Vance and I am very interested in becoming a channel artist. I do both traditional and digital design and art. I am a designer by day for the motocross industry working for Fly Racing and by night i carry on with my own projects and want to broadcast the progress of them on Twitch. I have my Twitch channel setup and I will be doing my first live stream Monday April 18th at 9PM PST Twitch not sure how it will go but going to pull the trigger, lol. I love teaching and have guest taught at several design schools. I have and BS degree in transportation design and freelanced in Toy, Video game and the extreme sports industry for over 20yrs. I worked at Mattel for awhile as a Hot Wheels designer and had a blast then moved onto the extreme sports industry. If you want to see my portfolio here is a link Behance . I obviously would like to get several stream under my belt but I wanted to reach out and let you know I am very interested. I have done several youtube videos and the link to those are on my Twitch channel Twitch‌ . Thanks for your time and look forward to speaking with you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dwayne! I just checked out the recording of your first stream - AWESOME! I love the card deck project that you're working on. Please keep up the streaming and let me know when you're feeling comfortable. What kind of computer are you working with? It'd be great to get some music going for stream and I can send you some resources on how to go about it.

Cheers!

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for checking out my stream.  Any feedback is great and I thought I had the music thing figured out but I guess not. My son said to me yesterday "you need to think of a topic to talk about so you keep peoples interest", lol. I said that is a very good suggestion. I think what I find hard with the streaming is when there are only a few people in the chat its hard to just keep talking, lol. Usually when I teach I have an audience in front of me and I can see their faces and how they are reacting to my instruction. But with this you have people popping in and out and some engage with you and others don't. Then as far as the music is concerned  I thought i had it set up in OBS so I need to experiment more. I can probably figure it out but I would love to hear your input on the best way to do it. Then as far as my computer I am working with it is a PC and here are the specs.

Windows 10

Intel i7 5820k 3.30GZ

32GB ram

ATI Firepro V

Wacom 22 Cintiq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still highly interested.  I should have more time after July 2nd.  That is when we are hosting a large scale Adobe Creative Conference in Duesseldorf.  Of course trying to set up a stream before then could be great promotion for the event.  Only thing I am missing is a camera.  The camera on my Cinitq is at an awkward angle for doing a stream. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very interested. Not only do I use Photoshop and Illustrator, but I love using mobile art apps like Adobe sketch and Adobe Draw.

I have my MFA in Illustration from Academy of Art Univery. Please let me know how to apply to stream for Adone on creative. I just started adding to my live stream pages:

youtube.com/keiwanaMichale

twitch.tv/KeiwanaMichale

All of my artwork is available on my website:

www.KeiwanaMichale.com

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathleen,

I'm very interested on sharing my creative process on Twitch.tv and only have about 5 streams. I'm still getting used to it!  Here is my twitch Chanel link: Twitch and here is my website: http://DarkisArt.com

Thank You,

Darkis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines