• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed - Masking layers HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to be a long question! But only because I want to be detailed enough, so someone can help. I'm still relatively new to after effects. God bless, if you can help me please!! It's funny because I actually solved my issue, but I'm trying to recreate it and I can't anymore.

I'm trying to create an animation where the the layer "dreams" is underneath the i's, and is masked by the i's, so all you see is just remnants of the "dream" layer underneath. (This is my example, I had actually made, but I lost this version and when creating it, it doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 11.57.40 AM.png

However now when I recreate it this is what I get

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 12.11.54 PM.png

Notice in my first screenshot it was the track matte was set to Luma inverted matte, and this one is too.

I just don't know how to mask well, please help me. I'm applying to my school's BFA program, and I really want to wow, the board of directors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not cross-post the same topic as posted here: Masking layers HELP!

I close this thread.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines