• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complaint re disrespectful Adobe documentary

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I complain about the Adobe documentary "Stories on Skates" featuring an African actress who has said derogatory things about Black Americans, taking yet another Black American actors job, lying saying they are American when they are not? This is an institution problem in Hollywood they keep employing African of origin, British nationality actors, who are cheaper and don't advocate for Black Americans, it's systematic. Eviro in particular has done this repeatedly for example also playing Aretha Franklin despite not having the Black American voice or soul to do it. Black Americans fought for centuries to build up the market for Black American movies and documentaries. But foreigners (in this case Cynthia Eviro who has made disparaging things about Americans saying 'they have no culture's and 'are ghetto' and never apologized) take opportunities and also by taking weath, power and careers away from Descendants of slavery, it's destroying future progress in Hollywood and destroying the representation built up by fighting for decades in Hollywood and outside for Civil Rights etc. I am from the UK and it's always wealthy bourgeois African descended Brits who have very recently come from Africa, then run to America to leech opportunities while never paying back the institutions and people in the UK such as elite exclusive acting schools, boarding schools, they accessed with scholarships that rarely go to working class people/ people such as those whose grand and great grandparents of Jamaican Windrush generation in the 1950s who fought for equality for decades creating these scholarships, bursaries etc. 

These actors are giving zero back, only taking.

And the documentary is about Black American roller skating if which Cynthia Eviro has literally zero connection or knowledge in any form.

So who do I complain to. This is an error in terms of inclusion and the true meaning of diversity. This is tearing down Black American culture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public support forum, not a place to talk to Adobe management

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Creative Cloud product forum to The Lounge.]

Art is various things to different people. One person's trash is another's treasure.  Good, bad or whatever, the experience you derive from art comes from YOUR point of view, no one else's.  Art is... 

EDIT: The story behind "Stories on Skates" a 3D Storytelling with Adobe Substance.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/08/10/stories-on-skates-3d-storytelling-project-with-cynthia-...

Source: Adobe Blog,  https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/08/10/stories-on-skates-3d-storytelling-project-with-cynthia-erivo.htmlSource: Adobe Blog, https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/08/10/stories-on-skates-3d-storytelling-project-with-cynthia-erivo.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once upon a time, I was on a business trip in a small village somewhere in a neighbouring country. There a worker asked me from where I was. I told him. He answered that in my country there are many “blacks”. I had not noticed before. When I see a man or a woman, I see a human, not a skin colour.

I had nearly forgotten about that episode.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines