Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dishwasher overflow

Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing dishes today and water was coming out the overflow pipe next to the sink

Wife called a plumber she knows... he asked when was the last time we put a cup of white vinegar in the washer... in a bowl so the vinegar would "time release" as the cycle ran... to dissolve the "gunk" that builds up inside the drain tube

Seems that a "thin" film of food waste will build up inside the drain tube, even with rinsing dishes, so now once a month I will put a bowl on the top rack  (no place on the bottom rack due to the dividers for plates) with vinegar so the vinegar will release as the water bounces off the top and into the bowl

This is of course, after removing everything  under the sink so I could put a shop towel down to partially crawl underneath to remove the rubber drain tube to use a screwdriver and my finger to reach in and remove the built up layer of residue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that dishwasher sludge is nasty and the trap on mine is really difficult to reach. Unfortunately, vinegar alone doesn't always get the job done. I have to periodically get on hands & knees and climb into my dishwasher to get the assembly apart.  It's one of the worst household chores ever. 

But white vinegar is a+++ for cleaning the microwave.  Place vinegar in a small coffee/tea cup.  High power for 2 -3 minutes.  Wait 30 minutes.  Wipe down interior and door with clean sponge dipped in vinegar.  Rinse.  Pour leftover vinegar down your sink for fresher smelling drains.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled and lost, I thought this was the Lounge, but it seems that I'm in the kitchen 😉

Yes, and I routinely take apart and clean all the sinks' P traps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when Bill Hunt aka Wine Snob was a member this was sometimes the wine room to discuss vintages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who needs a plumber?

Unhook the pipes.... take a photo of the inside and then just mask the ickyness out and rebuild it.

Oh wait. Darn real world things do not get cleaned up in Photoshop.

Dear Adobe please make a version of Photoshop that allows us to use it in the real world.

Kidding of course.  That sucks.  We have water damage at the moment and have 6 machines running to dry things.  Such a mess.  4 to 6 weeks of running those machines nonstop... then they will put everything back together and repaint.  Such a pain in my rear end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteWe have water damage at the moment and have 6 machines running to dry things.  Such a mess.

======

Kenn,

Are you in a flood zone?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines