• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I get paid for a suggestion?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a financial reward if I suggest Adobe add something to its software and it is really good?

Moded to The Lounge. [MOD]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!

You're so funny.

Been a beta tester for 35 years to Adobe, Microsoft, and a host of other software companies.

Not one cent.

Nadda.

Zip.

However, if you develop a program and Adobe buys it, you do get compensated.

But not for contributed ideas.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replay,

My Teacher told me if I suggest a good idea or a new tool, Adobe will give me a financial reward
So I asked the community to make sure if this information is true.
btw... how I can be a Tester for adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>My Teacher told me if I suggest a good idea or a new tool, Adobe will give me a financial reward

Ask your teacher where he/she heard that... ideas are free, writing programs takes work... write a program and see if anyone is willing to pay you for your work

>btw... how I can be a Tester for adobe?

Post helpful answers in product forums for several years and an Adobe employee may invite you to join the Beta program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: "My Teacher told me if I suggest a good idea or a new tool, Adobe will give me a financial reward "

That is so phenominally wrong.

I'd question whatever else that teacher told you.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to adobeprerelease.com and sign up, but as mentioned above, you have a better chance of getting accepted if you have shown some record of helping in the forms or some other way to let Adobe know that you're serious.

As far as getting paid for ideas, no. If you actually create something, and Adobe is interested, then maybe. I developed a script routine that can record UI settings in their extendscript. They used it in their deco fill menu program, and asked what compensation I wanted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe likes to acquire software made by other companies.  That's how Photoshop and Flash got started.  So if you develop your own software company and build a great product, Adobe might reward you for it by buying you out.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines