• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing actual contents of a selection and not just the dashed selection outline

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing an image of a plain white clock with black hands. I want to rotate both hands together to point at other numbers on the clock than they are currently pointing at. I selected the hands with the quick selection tool so only the hands are selected. But when I go to transform OR free transform, both options only effect the outline. So I can't move the hands, rotate, or anything, because just the outline moves. I tried saving the selection, but when I go into that saved selection it gives me the outline of the selection with white space filling it, the hands are not in the selection. How do I make the transform or free transform effect the actual contents of  the selection so I can rotate the hands?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the nontechnical Lounge Forum.

Please tell us what software you are using (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, etc.) so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a nutshell, you need to put the clock hands selection on a new layer.

But we need to know which product & version you're using.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines