• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everyone in CA safe?

Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the news of fires in CA my concern is that everyone is safe??? On the east coast we have so much rain that I wish-wish could be sent your way. Be safe my friends!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Woolsey fire in Southern California started on Thursday afternoon just 2-1/2 miles south of where we live in Simi Valley.   My husband saw the smoke plume at around 2:30 pm. 

Fueled by extreme high NE winds and super dry conditions, at times the smoke plume looked like an atomic bomb blast.  

• 250,000 people evacuated
  • 57,000 structures at risk
  • 91,000 acres burned
  • 20% contained

Right now there is another fire at Rocky Peak in the Santa Susana Pass which is SE of our home.  We can taste the white smoke as first responders attack it hard from ground and air.  They've made several helicopter drops so far.  I can hear super scooper planes in the disance. The wind is presently gusting out of the N.  Hopefully we won't have to evacuate.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fast moving  Rocky Peak fire jumped the 118 freeway but is now contained &  no homes were lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you stay safe, Nancy! We're all good here. We drove by the fire on Friday, took the 118 through the Susana Pass, which was open at the time. Going back up to SLO tomorrow, so hopefully 101 will be open still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BE Safe ups guys... many thoughts and prayers of safety sent your way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After tweets blaming the deadly California blazes on bad forest management and threatening to withhold federal money, Trump's aids must have had enough of his shenanigans.  This weekend, he's in Thousand Oaks.   I don't think there's much of a welcoming committee though.  Most people are busy burying victims of the recent mass shooting and trying to salvage what's left of their homes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winds seem to have let up a bit today, so hopefully that'll help them get better control of the Woolsey and others in my area, and the newer ones that started up yesterday, further east.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines