• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have an Adobe Portfolio Site? [DUPLICATE LOCKED]

Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One great thing about Behance users is that we have a strong sense of community.  Thus, with the launch of Adobe Portfolio I thought it would be interesting for us to share links.

Reason being... by sharing links we can learn how to set up interesting sites.  This exchange is also good because if we see an artist that we like we can establish a contact with them.  Networking is key to the success of artists.... it can lead to collaborations, new jobs and so much more.  You may even discover other artists in your area that you have round table discussions with.  Plus you never know when or where your talents will be discovered!

Also if you see a site that was created and have a question on how they set something up.... then ask the creator.  That is the best source to learn how to make your Adobe Portfolio shine!

So here is my link.... I look forward to seeing the pages that others have created as well!

http://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KShinabery212 wrote:

Behance added the option to disable the right click when they created Adobe Portfolio. The reason being is a lot of professionals do not [want] their work stolen or downloaded.

Hope this explains the layout I chose and why I disabled the right click.

KShinabery212​,

FYI  disabling right-click is in itself a very bad practice because it disables advanced browser navigation features that many  people rely on.  For people who need right-click, it's very annoying & frustrating when site owners do this.

More importantly, disabling right-click doesn't protect your content from anybody.  It's easily defeated by turning off JavaScript or simply taking a screenshot (print screen key).  If people have a mind to grab content, they will.  You can't stop it.

Owing to how the web works, that's the absolute best you can do.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that disabling the right click does not solve the problem. But it does help.  I can already tell you I can download the images on my cell phone. I just hold on the image and I can save it.

There is no fool proof way to keep your work or even ideas safe.  In fact, I had a friend create a similar project to one of mine, except with modifications.  It happens.  Once you put your work on the net the idea can easily be swiped.  Luckily for the most part there is a collective of artists who try to watch out for each other and report it to each other when this happens.

Watermarking is also an option.  But when showing your work to an ad agency or when applying for a job... having a big watermark does not really help.  If you lower the resolution to where it looks like crap then hiring managers and potential clients will think you are producing really poor work too.  Again no fool proof answer.  We deal with the problems the way we each want to.

I do not see how enabling the right click option on a portfolio can really hinder someone.  It would be different if it were any other site.  But a portfolio I see no problem disabling the right click.  I mean you are there only to view the portfolio... and should not be doing anything else.  My site for example is for hiring managers and clients... most of whom do not use more advanced browser options.  If if were anything other than a portfolio site then I would probably not disable it.  If the content were meant to be shared and downloaded then also I would not disable it.  The other thing is regardless if you do disable it...... Behance still has the right click built-in.  So you still have your projects open to download.

With that being said... there are flaws in every site and every platform.  You just have to find the best sites that work best to promote your work.  Adobe Portfolio is fairly easy for the most part and does not need a big explanation.  For those who are not coding or doing anything to extravagant in their portfolio then is great solution.

But the idea of this thread is simply to share links....  discover each other's work and connect.  Hope we do not stray to far from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want anybody to get the wrong idea that just b/c Portfolio offers a disable right-click option that it's of any value.  Obviously, you understand that  .   But many other people don't.

<I do not see how enabling the right click option on a portfolio can really hinder someone.  It would be different if it were any other site.  But a portfolio I see no problem disabling the right click.  I mean you are there only to view the portfolio... and should not be doing anything else.>

You should not make those assumptions. If you've ever used assistive web technologies, you quickly understand the problems that disabling right-click can cause for people.  We have a saying in web development, "Don't mess with people's browsers."

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. i did not know that about right click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope i didn't annoy you. you have valid points. share sites? ok   stevenbrianharris.com   Site made with Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John... love the Living Memories project!  What did you do on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy... I did not get back to you as so much was going on.  Behance manages Adobe Portfolio.  Just so you know.  If you email the Behance Zendesk... they will answer all your Adobe Portfolio questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that you say to share ideas but disable right click. Also your site looks like a Word press site to me. Which is why i right clcked. i was looking for evidence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first comment i made was about this one:

So here is my link.... I look forward to seeing the pages that others have created as well!

http://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/http://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have new sites up or ones they are working on?

Would love to see them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started playing around with Adobe Portfolio in July.  For ease of use, it's a winner.  IMO Adobe Portfolio needs a lot more improvements. 

I spend most of time doing back end & front end coding on commercial web site projects.  So my portfolio -- such as it is, is merely an exercise in how AP works when I have a few spare minutes for it.  So far, nothing much but a work in progress.... 

Nancy OShea : Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a few sites so my enhance is not built up too much. It my work is listed under Cindy Wilkerson there.

My old site needs updating but is http://CJWilkes.com

or my newer site is Cindy Wilkerson ~ CJ Wilkes Photography | pixeLobby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy very cool.... Actually think we both chose the same layout. 

I just created additional pages and reset my main page.

I love seeing how various people utilize the platform as there are so many possible outcomes!  It is really fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks

Here is my site let me know what you think

A-Light

Thank you kindly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Studio Photography I love my site but wish they offered a client proofing gallery option, with print purchase availability. I use Pixieset now, but would love to have it all through my website. There are some clients that IPS just isn't an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines