• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healthy Life

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attempted to diet this year but I just can't stop feeding my addiction to pastries and pies. I much too lazy to get up and go to the gym. I need motivation, something to get me going!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still have those. Try to hit two birds with one stone. Walk to your favorite bakery and or other favorite pastery place. Do that every day. Make sure you get at least 15 min of walking time each day. Purchase only the best. Those are usually too expensive to purchase all the time. Save it for dessert. Only have one desert per supper. When having supper, eat a large salad with your meal. At the end of your day before you prepare for bed, eat a few pieces of fruit and or some nuts. Should be too full to eat too much dessert. Also you can use some of that money you make, to donate to a charity that feeds a hungry person who has no dessert to enjoy. Obviously you have lots of money to enjoy loads of desserts to be asking for help on eating less desserts. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loyal to Duckdonuts, kneaders, and other bakery type industries. I got a thing that gets me a box of 6 free donuts on tuesday's by being a loyal member. I don't if know if I could walk to my favourite bakery, I don't have that kind of endurance. These are good but also a little obvious health advice. I'm wondering how I can do this maybe in smaller steps. No matter how hard I try I can't get myself to like salad. Pastries are almost like an addiction I can't break and it's definetly taking a toll on my growing gluttonous body. Sometimes I'll binge at night even after a big dinner to fill the hole in my belly thats always there. Thanks for some advice though. What could be some smaller steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't keep tempting items in the house.

If it's not there, you can't binge on it.

Get the donuts only once a week.  Put all but one in the freezer.

Then take out only one a day.

Many years a go, I had high cholesterol and triglycerides and was nearly prediabetic.

I changed the way I ate because I didn't want to take medication for those issues.  I lost a bit of weight and felt great.  Whenever I am tempted to binge, I tell myself that I am allowed a treat here and there because I eat healthy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kuji Fox wrote:

No matter how hard I try I can't get myself to like salad.

There are lots of options that don't involve salads. Following this plan (for me, at least) helped to reduce cravings, and the food is filling enough that there is no "big hole after dinner."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had some success in reducing my intake of sugar and starch by loosely following this plan. 

I like it becasue it does not limit quantites, it instead changes the nature and mix of what you eat.  I like it becasue it does not demomize fats (which actally help you feel full) so I don't wind up feeling hungry and deprvied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your body mass index (BMI) is in the unhealthy range, you could be taking years off your life & setting yourself up for health problems later.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

DIET:

Fad diets never work long term.  Join Weight Watchers. You'll learn sensible meal planning & portion control ISN'T twigs, sticks & rabbit food.  Also WW provides a great support system and many menu options to keep you motivated.

https://www.weightwatchers.com/

EXERCISE:

Start slow. Take a beginning Yoga class. The stretching & breathing will be good for your body and reduce stress that causes you to binge on sweets.  As your endurance increases, join a dance class.  You'll burn calories and have lots of fun.  😄 

https://www.healthline.com/health/dancing-to-lose-weight#benefits-of-dancing

Be a kid, get outside and play.  Run with the dog or a friend's dog.  Ride a bicycle.  Fly a kite.  Kick around a soccer ball.  Play golf (walking preferred) but riding is okay, too. Do whatever you like. Just make activity part of your normal routine.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I know I'm taking years off my life, I just lack motivation.

IDK if I could afford a yoga class but ok.......Once again I need to take baby steps. I turn into a sweatmess just trying to get down the block by foot. 

I'd like to dance but I don't really have a dancers body oc. I know I make it sound like I'll never break my unhealthy life habits, but I really do want to be healthier to live a longer life.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to dance but I don't really have a dancers body

By @Kuji Fox

You don't need a dancer's body to dance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You don't need a dancer's body to dance."

But it is easier and presentable. Nobody wants to see jello jiggle around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop worrying about what other people think.  They don't care what you look like.  They go to help themselves look & feel better. 

Yoga for Beginners on YouTube.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy for you to say. If fat shaming was a serious problem sometimes I'd agree, but people stereotype me for my appearance. They do care what I look like and I wish fat shaming would just reach its end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*wasn't*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow great question and lots of great suppestions!! Just keep experimenting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines