• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, fellow experienced photographers I need help!

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Kayla, from the USA nice to meet you all! 

I have a question for all of my fellow photographers

I am having an error with my Canon DSLR, I'm nervous I may have broken a part. Hopefully someone can fill me in on a time this might have also happened to them..and how they moved forward. 

Anyways my problem is that my camera is not reading  sd card correctly. 

It does recognize my sd card, and when it reads, it tells me there is a problem, and that the problem is my write switch is locked! Please unlock it. But that is not the case. My lock switch is not pushed down to lock. It is on unlock and giving me this error.

Additional information to note:

1. I did have a damaged sd card I had to mcgyver to hopefully save the files I had left. I don't know how I thought putting it into a camera was going to be a good idea. I have many other ways to get the information off of there and test it out without potentially damaging my camera.
  2. My sd card, after fiddling with it a while trying to get it to read correctly, once I took it out of my camera, I'm glad I did, the sd card and adapter it was in was HOT. 

Please someone help me if you can. Please don't tell me talk to Canon. I understand that it might be neccesary. I came here because I see how active members are of the community. I'm not apart of any other one. I am new here and not new to photography. But thanks for having me everyone and I'm looking forward to making it with my journey with Adobe!

Kayla founder of Too Loyal Custom Design and Photography

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is the Sock Contributor forum from Adobe and not a Canon forum. I really think, that you would get more support from specialized Canon fora. 

This said: You should test either your card on a different camera (dos not need to be a Canon camera) or a card reader and/or you should test with a different card in your camera. The defective item should react the same all times. If it is your Canon camera, you will need to go to a repair shop or you will need to buy a new one (second hand, same or newer model?). There is no magic formula to save either your camera or your SD card, whatever is defect.

As for the rest: I did not well understood what your problem is with your (other?) SD card. But they may well be related. Make sure your testing of the camera is not done with an important SD card.

And last: welcome to the Adobe fora. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your question has been posted in the wrong venue.  Perhaps a moderator will move it to The Lounge?  Typically Adobe Forums are meant for Adobe products but The Lounge tends to be pretty open for off topic discussions.  In any case it quickly escalates once the forum is allowed to go off topic and the Stock Contributor forum is intended for questions and discussion around being an Adobe Stock Contributor.  I'm sure no ill will was intended on your part 🙂

I wonder why you wouldn't want Canon to look at your camera?  That would be my first step.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @faroutchic,

Not too sure what this has to do with Contributing to Adobe Stock...  as such  I'm moving this question to the non-technical Lounge.  Perhaps others there will have more ideas.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge/ct-p/ct-the-lounge

Meanwhile have at look at these tips on Memory Card Errors and possible solutions.

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/photo-recovery/canon-camera-memory-card-errors-and-solutions.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines