• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hi guys! im a beginner and would like to know more about photography

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! im a beginner..just started my photography career.Im 15 yrs old and i have a semi-slr camera.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not getting a whole lot of answers here.  I dare say you could do worse than Google beginners guide to photography.  I just tried it and was actually surprised how much, and how good the links were.  This was one of the best

If you want to learn about flash (speedlites, not Adobe Flash) then David Hobby's Strobist 101 is right up there.

Strobist: Lighting 101

Scott Kelby's books are pretty good.  They are easy to read, as in not too heavy, and he tries to make you smile on every page.

Otherwise, get out there and practice practice practice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sarangpani,

If you keep an eye out, creativelive.com offers a lot of live, streaming instruction in photography. Their Photography Week just passed, but they regularly offer classes, and most are beginner courses in just about anything you could be interested in.

On YouTube, look for B and H (bhphotovideo.com is a leading photography supplier). They have loads of videos on gear, photography, software, etc. I'm sure something that interests you will be covered.

Not knowing exactly what you're interested in, these are just a couple of free resources where the instruction you get won't steer you wrong. Let us know more about what you want to do with a camera and maybe we can come up with more resources for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this movement photographer job very dependable. Photography it's a freedom job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you check the Adult Education courses that are probably available at a nearby college. Check its site for course descriptions. Avoid the one-day cram courses. They are usually worthless: too much, too quickly. Not to be overlooked is the opportunity to meet other people in your area with a similar interest in  photography and build mutual-assistance networking that extends beyond the sessions.

As an example: this is the course description for an Into to  Digital Photography course that is offered in my city. I am sure that similar courses are offered countrywide. 

"This course allows students to explore digital photography and the cameras that have opened new possibilities in the medium.  This hands-on class will cover camera operation, shutter speed, aperture, focal length, file formats, white balance and traditional photographic principles such as the creative control of light and the art of composition.

There will be an emphasis on shooting and students will be asked to show and discuss work in class sessions. Digital editing and file management will also be covered. For this class, a camera that offers some manual control over f-stops and shutter speeds is recommended but not required. The first class meeting includes information on what to look for when purchasing a digital camera. This is not a course in Photoshop."

And, as Tevor advised: practice, practice, practice.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello sarangpani,

I suggest learn and research in "accessories", I mean any SLR comes with the body and one lens. There is lot of good, bad, expense, cheap lens, flash, lights, , Light Meters, tripods, bags... and others.

You don't need all now, but when you want to take better nature, portrait, macro or architecture pictures, maybe they can help you a lot.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines