• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi! I need any help. Thanks.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My name is Callie & I'd love any help I can get. I am an amazing writer & have loved writing my whole life. Needless to say, I've decided it's purpose in life & am interested in doing something about it profession wise & get the experience of actually getting paid to write about whatever is needed & either way, get better at writing & learn something new. So my question is: I am interested to blog for Adobe. Here's a good reason I would be good at it. Spend a year in high school learning everything about Adobe Photoshop. I learned anything & everything to know about it & have loved & been obsessed with anything Adobe, have like 5 apps on my phone currently, (no exaggeration) & will be all Adobe for all my life. So I realistically know quite a bit about everything Adobe than the average person & am so excited at the idea to brag about it & get people to be interested in anything  Adobe like I am is a plus because Adobe is really that great! So if anyone knows how I can start this amazing adventure, in anyway & help me get there or talk to who I have to talk to, I would appreciate any time you have to help & Thank you so much for anything in response to this question. Your amazing!

Sincerely Happy Adobe anything for life,

Callie N. Smith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ensure accuracy, I think Adobe uses in-house staff for technical & marketing blogs.

Find Creative Jobs on Behance:

https://www.behance.net/joblist

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Callie N Smith wrote:

I am an amazing writer & have loved writing my whole life.

Hi Callie,

Your enthusiasm is wonderful and will take you far. This is a user-to-user forum with volunteers, so you are not speaking to Adobe.

I do have one small tip for you. You might want to brush up on when to use "it's" or "its" as well as "your" or "you're" when you are applying for a job as a writer.

Best of luck to you!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. ....  also when it is correct to use the word "like." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. ....  also when it is correct to use the word "like." 

=========

Madison Avenue didn't use LIKE correctly in advertising slogans but it was like nobody took much notice because the slogan, "Winston takes good like a cigarette should,"  enjoyed a long life in print, TV & radio ads between 1954  - 1972.

/līk/

PREPOSITION:
1. having the same characteristics or qualities as; similar to.

"they were like brothers"

"he was screaming like a banshee"

"students were angry at being treated like children"

"just like you to put a damper on people's enjoyment"

"what is it like to be a tuna fisherman?"

2. Used to draw attention to the nature of an action or event.

"I apologize for coming over unannounced like this"

3. Such as; for example.

"the cautionary vision of works like Animal Farm and 1984"

CONJUNCTION:
1. in the same way that; as.

"people who change countries like they change clothes"

2. as though; as if.

"I felt like I'd been kicked by a camel"

NOUN:
(plural: likes)
Used with reference to a person or thing of the same kind as another.

"the quotations could be arranged to put like with like"

A thing or things of the same kind (often used to express surprise or for emphasis).

"did you ever hear the like?"

ADJECTIVE
Having similar qualities or characteristics to another person or thing.

"I responded in like manner."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good stuff, Nancy. This is like the old comparison vs. inclusion quandary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start writing blogs on Medium and LinkedIn. 

Could be about design or written tutorials or even reviews.

Then start promoting those articles on Social Media.

Trust me... I wrote for Wacom and for Advanced Photoshop Magazine... now I am super active with Adobe.  In fact, I am speaking at the Adobe For Education Pre-Conference Summit tomrrow. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Callie N Smith Hi Callie, it's been about a month since you posted here. How are things going for you? What suggestions from the Community have you taken so far to help with your writing ambitions? As a longtime writer and editor, I hope you will pursue your dream of a writing profession.

My best piece of advice for new writers is to read lots of books and articles by professional authors. Find a genre you gravitate towards. If that's blog writing, journalism, or fiction, always seek out the best and learn from them. While you are reading, pay close attention to the style and punctuation of each sentence. Notice how the writer presents their thesis and gets their point across. Look at the words and phrases they use to transition from topic to topic.

After reading your post asking for help, as @jane-e recommends, brushing up on your command of language is a must. Take a stab at rewriting your "pitch" to Adobe as an exercise. Few will take you seriously as a writer until you can master the basic art of sentence structure and word choice.

For example, you write, "I am an amazing writer & have loved writing my whole life." That's a fine statement. But when examined, it has many problems.

• You switch from present (I am) to past (have loved) tense. Try to stay with the same tense per sentence.
  • Don't use symbols where words are more professional ("and" instead of "&").
  • The better word choice is "entire" not "whole" life. You are talking about time, not a pie.
  • You make a declarative statement but give no basis for it. Who says you are an amazing writer? You never tell us where you have been published or who has praised your work. Why should we take your word for it?
  • Practically speaking, an entire life spans from conception to death. Obviously, you weren't able to write when you were born. You couldn't know you loved writing when you were eight months old. Try to stick with statements that are reasonable. Avoid generalizations. Write the same thing in a more clever way. "I've loved writing ever since my sister stole my crayons."

I hope you will see this feedback as constructive so you will get better. Your enthusiasm is a very strong asset and can bring you success. Please come back and tell us how you are progressing. The suggestion @KShinabery212 gave you to start your own blog is perfect. I'll be happy to read your posts and give you my feedback if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spend a year in high school learning everything about Adobe Photoshop.

By @Callie N Smith

After 20+ years of using Photoshop, I didn't learn everything. I love your enthusiasm, but it would be good to stay realistic. Besides applying for a job at Adobe, you surly can do technical writing for Photoshop themed magazines, you can start your own video blog on YouTube and you can start volunteering here in the Photoshop fora. And there is always and ever a possibility to do Photoshop teaching for companies and individuals. The world is open for people with ideas.

Just one tip on my personal basis:

Use paragraphs when writing. Paragraphs enhance readability a lot.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines