• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW do I MOVE my Adobe Slate Project from one Adobe ID to another Adobe ID?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent three long days creating an Adobe Slate Project consisting of some 150 photographs and text, and need to MOVE this Project from one Adobe ID where it currently resides, to my other Adobe ID where I would like it to be located. Please advise on how I can do this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Thanks Dave... I found a solution, followed the steps, and solved the problem. Much appreciated.

There is a way to transfer a project's content from one account to another, however it would be a duplicate and not a transfer of ownership of the original project. Duplicates, when published, have a different share url then their original source projects. If that is ok with you, then here's how you do it:

1. On Slate iPad, log in to the account that owns the project you would like to 'transfer'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slate is not supported on these forums - you need to use https://standout.adobe.com/support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly to my question regarding Adobe Slate. I have in fact posted the same question 24 hours ago on the suggested Support Forum but have not received any response, and hence my same Posting in this Forum in the hope that I may be able to find a solution to this URGENT problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need urgent assistance, contact Adobe Customer Care. These forums are not monitored by the Slate team and we cannot help with account-related problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave... I found a solution, followed the steps, and solved the problem. Much appreciated.

There is a way to transfer a project's content from one account to another, however it would be a duplicate and not a transfer of ownership of the original project. Duplicates, when published, have a different share url then their original source projects. If that is ok with you, then here's how you do it:

1. On Slate iPad, log in to the account that owns the project you would like to 'transfer'.

2. Make sure that project is fully downloaded onto the device, i.e. the cover thumbnail is not greyed out and the download icon is not shown.

3. Now log out of that account, and quit the slate app entirely (double press Home button on the device, swipe up on the Adobe Slate window)

4. Goto your iOS settings > Scroll all the way down to 'Adobe Slate' > Turn on Show All Stored Projects

5. Relaunch Adobe Slate and log in as the account you would like to transfer the project to.

6. Now when you go to the Projects screen, you should see a new list at the bottom called 'Made by others on this iPad' > tap the '...' button on the project tile you would like to transfer and select 'Duplicate'

You'll then see a complete copy of the original project on your new account. As mentioned before, all the content has been copied, but if you had previously published and shared the original project, you will need to do that again with the new one, as the publish url is tied directly to the unique project id, for which we cannot duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines