• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you practice with the tutorials when it's so many steps to remember

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been watching tutorials on YouTube but I find it hard to keep up with all the steps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2 monitors for such situations.

If your system does not have dual monitors, try running the tutorials on a laptop or other device while doing the tutorial on the main computer.

If you lack the hardware to do that, you can always burn the tutorials to DVD and use a regular television.

And if that isn't possible, there is always the option of resizing your windows so you can see both at once.  You lose a lot of screen "Real Estate" that way, but if all else fails, that's an option.

And never forget about the good old Pause button for video playback when switching your focus back and forth.

Hope that helps!  Good luck with the toots 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try those methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy's comments about using Lynda.com is very good, and if you have the 'upper level' membership, you can download the files and actually use the exact same material to practice the steps listed.

I have enough material that when I'm working through a 'lynda' tut, I've got all the stuff needed to work from my own test projects. But I know many who love having the other stuff to work with.

Also ... I've got a 10,1" Samsung tablet, and I use that for playing the tutorials and pause it when I am following through with the steps on my own project. Plus at times I'll write down the steps ... mostly as simply seeing them, doing them, then writing a few of them down, helps get that process into usable memory cells.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pause the videos while you work through the steps.

For structured training, look at Lynda.com courses.  The instructors break things down into smaller bites.  You get a course with several short videos on a given topic so you can absorb what is being taught.   And best of all, Lynda.com courses are reviewed by peers for accuracy.    YouTube is hit & miss.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peer review is a real plus. Back in the day, I reviewed a course or two. That was after I authored the first Premiere Pro tutorial on Lynda.com

They had me check each and every step along the way to make sure there were no errors that would cause anyone problems. They did the same with books that they published.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven! Nice to see you around!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

My life has been taken over by still photography so I don't spend much time in the forums anymore. But every now and then I check in to see what is going on.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the obverse situation ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop - rewind - try - stop - rewind - try - stop.... Repeat until it sinks in. Another suggestion is try several artists so you can find one that suits you best. Not every voice works. Some will make me sleepy or dreamy and I find I have to listen over and over - then others are engaging and easy for me to comprehend.

Double let screens can help! But not everyone has that. Good thing for minimize!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to visualize and work with " the key words technique " to remember the main parts of  the tutorial ...Then view the details of  all that you saw  after .... I am the one who's working this way and writing before practicing (and I practice a lot !) and it works....... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to have a pen and pad handy so you can write down key words and steps to jog your memory when doing. I prefer to stop and rewind myself though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a tablet for the purpose of watching videos or reading PDF files while working on the program on my computer.   This does help a lot and I'm sorry I waited so long to buy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

multiple screens really help my productivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines