• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to propose a software technology to Adobe?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo All,

My name is Nick.
I've developed a technology to automate image similarity comparison using a integer vector that is build basing on the image content. 
Please suggest how I can propose this to Adobe, as wishform requires selection of specific product, and this is rather related to formats used by multiple products.

This vector can be part of the image file as part of TIFF format, increasing size of each image only by ~150 bytes in current version.
This vector is:
- calculated only once, (storable and reusable)
- image's affine transformation independent till some point( Mirrored and original image have same vectors, 0 difference)
- format almost agnostic (same image stored in TIF, BMP and JPEG formats will have same or very similar vectors)
- adds small size to a file.

Adding this vector to the image files allow to perform quick and simple similar images detection without image processing, because comparing vectors loaded from files directly.
Technology is patented.

Is there a correct way to suggest it to Adobe?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would try it via Mail just as John has suggested. But be also aware of points and questions that have to answered like what else have you developed, where can someone find that program, who wrote it (Copyright), do you only want to sell it, are there other Programs you are involved,  what do you mean by "transformation independent till some point", will it work for all kinds of images (also AI Art), what makes it different from other tools, etc.

I wish you all the luck!

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I have all those answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have competition from other developers who are doing the same thing.

If you want to measure interest, post the app on GitHub.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. If proposed communication plan fail, I'll investigate how carefully to use GitHub. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines