• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is “Back to School” the same as “Back to Business”?

Advocate ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All week, we’re seeing it on the faces of adults. People seem extra focused and extra serious. The first week in September might just be baked into our brains from our school days. This week just demands, “Get to work!”

Here in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC/Baltimore region some trees are showing color change. We’re starting the day in the 50° range. The look and feel of things says, “Autumn!”

So, if you’re in a “Back to School” mode, even if you don’t have kids and have not been in a scholastic classroom for decades, that’s okay. In fact, it’s probably a good thing. It’s one of those mileposts on our mental calendars which makes us productive. (Just don’t stress. Instead, share a smile.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the kids had their holiday... now its our turn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent, I feel less alone on that one... I thought I was not a good parent thinking "... cool school reboots ..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

I thought I was not a good parent thinking "... cool school reboots ..."

Yes. You have to be your own good parent to yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My business is typically much slower in the summer months mainly because most people are busy doing other things -- vacations, frequent outings with the kids, lounging by the pool, etc....  Come September, things start to amp up again and will remain busy well into the Christmas/New Year holidays.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

My business is typically much slower in the summer months mainly because most people are busy doing other things -- vacations, frequent outings with the kids, lounging by the pool, etc....  Come September, things start to amp up again and will remain busy well into the Christmas/New Year holidays.

One of the points Janet & I considered when we wrote this was how in our photo marketing days how July was pretty sleepy for professional sales. In the mid-1980s, it would come to life in late August. Then it ramped up to mid-August, in the early 1990s. Professional photographic equipment Fall sales drifted into late-July by the turn of the century.

But there was always something focused in the early-September time frame. It just seems to be getting more and more intense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines