• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a standard size for DSLR Base Plate to Lens Axis?

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously a Canon 1D body, is bigger than the so called Prosumer bodies, but I am wondering if there is a standard dimension between a DSLR Base Plate to the centre of the lens?  Actually, if the answer is yes, I need to know the dimension for Canon 1DX and 5DS bodies.  I have digital calipers and can measure with 'reasonable' accuracy, but if there is a precise figure available, it would be better.

Actually, I just tried to measure it, and it is not that easy.  I'd like to be better than ± 0.1mm

BTW  I looked for the Photography forum to post this, but couldn't find it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there is a Photography forum, but there is a Photoshop forum https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure just what you are trying to do but it sounds like you are trying to take a panormaic the correct way.  If so you can purchase adjustable base plates, but they are not cheep.  Try looking at the Manfrotto or Really Right Stuff web sites.  I am sure there are others out there if you look long enough I am sure you can find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines