• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is your main income from...

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The art and designs you create, or something else entirely?

I am a machine operator making piston rings. Sometimes a lot of overtime in a hot factory. While the challenges are interesting, I wish retirement were much closer. At work, the only thing I like more than being asked for help, is being able to actually help them solve their issue. Trying, every time, to teach and not just fix it for them.

Photography and digital art is a hobby I would like to take a little more seriously. maybe this time I won't lose years of work (and play) in one fell swoop.

What's your story?

(The correct answer thingy on this will probably totally arbitrary since there is no wrong answer to a question like this )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Thought it a bit presumptuous to start a new thread to say this, so I'll just put it here...

WOOHOO! Just made my first sale! And got my first points in the same day!

I can go buy that candy bar I have been craving all day now!

Hadda do it! lol

Oh and.... no idea who to give the 'correct answer' thingy to so next response gets it unless that's against the rules...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pamela+28  wrote

Photography and digital art is a hobby

as a hobby its fine... trying to make money from your hobby is a waist of time mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a waste of time if I enjoy the process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My full time job is 3d animation, motion graphics, and shooting/editing. I also do 3d animation and motion graphics freelance. So, my main income AND my side income is all visual arts stuff. Mostly Cinema 4D, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minute you depend on your hobby to generate income, it stops being a hobby and becomes a job. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm not about to quit my day job IF I make anything from stock photos, it'll be bonus, not depended on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought it a bit presumptuous to start a new thread to say this, so I'll just put it here...

WOOHOO! Just made my first sale! And got my first points in the same day!

I can go buy that candy bar I have been craving all day now!

Hadda do it! lol

Oh and.... no idea who to give the 'correct answer' thingy to so next response gets it unless that's against the rules...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats on your 1st sale!!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines