• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just a Note...

Guide ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am far from being a prolific poster here, but I thought I would just warn you folks that I will be offline for at least a week. Tomorrow (Thursday) I go in hospital for a catheter ablation to try and correct an atrial flutter. They say it is a low risk procedure, but it involves at least one night's stay in hospital, and a week of very restricted activity thereafter. Being a dinosaur, my only home internet is via my phone, and reading, not to mention typing, on it is a PITA.

But if it comes to the worst, my visit here has been fun.

My Thanks to All.

-OB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck and best wishes with the procedure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hope all goes well for you. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck Bob. I hope it all goes well.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dearest Bob, I know about these little side trips - I have had a few myself. I am very optimistic about your surgery and quick recovery.  If you have not been in hospital for a while - you are in

some surprises. I found all of them to be good and improved procedures. GIve us a shout when you get on your feet. Careful as ya go. Joan H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 

Good luck Bob. Probably best not to suggest that the surgeon needs to update his stethoscope driver, and to make sure he does so from the stethoscope manufacturer's website.  Or ask the anesthetist if his electronics work off Windows or OSX, and shake your head and whistle through your teeth if he says OSX.  Or ask him what resolution the heart rate monitor is, and if he knows the difference between resolution and PPI.  On the other hand, by all means ask if you can set up a tripod and stream the action live to Facebook, and/or your YouTube channel.

Image result for heart monitor screen

When they ask if you understand what 'atrial flutter' is, tell them that you assume it is a practice bet on the Kentucky Derby (or whatever big race is coming up in your area.   (This is a double dare BTW)

I don't do God stuff, but we'll all be beaming positive waves your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck Bob — sending positive energy your way and hoping you feel better soon!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it help Bob I had an ablation years ago after heart surgery and I am still here to cause trouble. My procedure lasted 6 hours and I remember most of it as they keep you in twilight zone so you can communicate- at least that was the way it was for me.

Be thinking of you and sending well wishes and positive energy to see you back here soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bob.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesley, if that doesn't keep Bob safe and well, I don't know what would.  Thanks for the smiles.  The teddy was a masterful touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha! Marked Helpful because you helped my mood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks to all of you. The doctors completely failed to do me in, so you all will have to put up with me for at least a little while yet.

Yes, everything went well.

Thanks again.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, Bob! I’m so glad it all went well!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally awesome!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thumbup.gif Great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful news, Bob. Happy to see you up and writing again. COOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Going OB

It's not surprising that a procedure on your heart touches so many others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Failed to do me in" hahaha! Great news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ ponytail1414

Just BTW; Your cartoon, above, was my favorite post in this chain. Thanks for that.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines