• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learn Adobe applications by your own-self?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to learn Adobe applications by your own-self? If so what are they?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Here are a couple of other ideas:

– A free book you can download to get started with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Muse:

Free 228-Page eBook! Get New Edition of “Adobe CC Design Basics”

– A free five-hour video primer course to learn Photoshop CC step-by-step:

Learn Photoshop Absolutely Free with This New 5½-Hour Intro Class

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We we assume you have the internet seeing as you started this thread.  The Adobe TV tutorials will get you started.  Then it comes down to practice.  Getting stuck and Googling answers or asking in the appropriate forum. Practicing some more and continuing this loop for the rest of your life — you'll never stop learning.

Look for imagery that inspires you, and try to recreate it.  Do stuff that you enjoy, because that way you won't get bored.

If you don't mind investing some dollars, then a Lynda.com subscription is about as good as it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube is loaded with tutorials for Adobe products.

Which programs are you referring to exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above suggestion LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) has structured online classes covering many of Adobe's apps including mobile apps. If you subscribe to the service you will have access to the source files to follow along with the instructor at your own pace. Not sure what your objective is and what you already know... where are your interests? Adobe Support (helpx.adobe.com) will take you to a dashboard that will show you some basic starter tutorials that also have source files... maybe that's a good place to start.

For example if you select Photoshop you'll see link like these:

What is Photoshop?

Intro to Photoshop tools

Getting Started with Photoshop CC: Edit your first photo

Understanding Picture Size

Key Concepts you should know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also follow Adobe or any of the Adobe evangelists' accounts on Twitter @Adobe/Adobe-Evangelists on Twitter  or Facebook Adobe Creative Cloud - Home | Facebook . They often post videos and sometimes do live presentations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

– A free book you can download to get started with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Muse:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools  wrote

Hey, I haven't seen that one Jim.  Goodness, I see there are now as many e-books on your site as there are CC apps!  Pixel Perfect Precision is one I have recommended more times than I can remember.  It takes me back to the early days of learning layout, use of white space etc. but with a modern slant on it using smart phone and tablet screens.  Something like this should be compulsory reading for folk getting into page layout and graphic design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Trevor! And I absolutely agree. Here's PPP, the one you're talking about:

Download Free 214-Page Book on Adobe Photoshop and Digital Design

Stay tuned; will be adding more free Adobe ebooks very soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking forward to learn Photoshop and illustrator

I'l checkout those sites you provided and give a feedback as soon as possible

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys! I'm now working with a friend in designing a website for social networking services, so this is going to be very helpful for me in learning and executing! We are planning on going for a local website in the beginning similar to sellist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

If you want to learn how to make images with special effects with Photoshop then you must check out  Blue Lightning TV Photoshop - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Adobe Premier tutorial, it required a file download, however the files they called for were not included in the download. when I contacted support the rep acted like I was just a stupid American. never did get an answer. then today I was angered when Adobe sent me an email saying they will have a price increase, why? new ideas, no, better support service, no, here is the reason from their notice: "Please note that this is the first time in over five years that we've raised the base price of Creative Cloud."

So, because they never had a price increase on their WAY overpriced software with lousy support they deserve a price increase.

I am now looking at Affinity software. I can buy and own programs for the price of a one month Adobe membership. I have been paying for Adobe Cloud for over 5 years, I am on a fixed income, use it for my personal use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally learned Photoshop 3.0 in college, the best version I have found was 5.5. but after that all they did was scramble all the features and call it a new release, for another $300-700. Many graphic designers I know have abandoned Adobe products as they are greedy and abandoned their base, the exact words of a friend that designs graphics for Ford Motor Company, (cannot get into what he does) "Adobe stopped innovating and caring about the users a decade ago"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure there is!

Everything I know of Adobe products I learned by myself reading a lot of tutorials, reading books, and through experimentation, trial and error, personal and commercial jobs.

Nowadays is even easier because of video tutorials and courses. As already mentioned, you'll find a lot in websites like YouTube and Lynda.com to learn pretty much everything you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines