Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Like it or not, Win11 is coming

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this, Microsoft is beginning to ignore Win10
https://www.askwoody.com/newsletter/free-edition-is-it-time-to-move-to-windows-11/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember when W10 was first released, it was said that this was the last "version" of Windows and that it would just constantly receive updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the beautiful world of marketing, the truth is but a fleeting moment in time. And that moment just happens to coincide with a product's release time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work this is an IS problem.

At home, I have a Dell Latitude but don't use it for production or for any day-to-day activities. I only need it as a development/testing platform. Its too old to run Windows 11 and I doubt that I'll have the money to buy a new replacement. Most likely when Windows 10 is out of support and if I still need a testing machine, I'll pick up something cheap off Craigslist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Motherboard https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Prime-Z490-P/dp/B07ZT3F95V/ would use an NVME 'drive stick' for Windows 10

The new security featurs in Windows 11 required (A) a BIOS update and (B) putting Windows on an SSD since the NVME would not work with the required security settings

Other than a boot drive change, I have not had any problems with Win11 - all of the programs I use still run

My wife's computer (motherboard MSI MPG Z590) is, according to Microsoft's analyzer, able to run Win11 but she is not ready to update until forced to due to Win10 support ending in 2025 - she uses an old, non-subscription version of Quicken that will not install in Win11 (I tested on my computer) and since we don't know if upgrading Win11 over Win10 will allow that program to run she doesn't want to change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, my computer is most likely too old for the update. I could really use a new computer, but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines