• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for logo presets or plugins

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a next gen top of the line plugin or presets exclusively for logos, I am working on upgrading my trends and the designs are stating to get stale and or going back to classical art. Very experimental. Any ideas links or processes welcome.

Logos are not growing fast enough for the market

A fresh new take on Logos is needed for the Social media bundling. I would like to gather data and exchange Ideas about new trends in design and maybe cross-pollinate with some good peeps in order to create a new fresh style of logo making to grow the gap and lock the niche in some areas. For example, gaming social accounts which is one of my interest and other graphic designer or art content who need an Iconic new look for their social campaigns. All are welcome to ship in there 2 cents. Thanks!!!

[Moderator edited for brevity and clarity.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugins or presets for which software?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

actually both I found some good plugins already how bouts Ps presets. That will be a great help. Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amiba82  wrote

[Moderator edited for brevity and clarity.]

Blimey.  You'd need to brave to take a step like that.

I find that these things almost design themselves.  You start writing as many individual words and short phrases that represent what that do? What are their values? What do they make? Who do they make it for? What makes it the best?  If that doesn't throw up an idea or two, start hitting the words with a thesaurus to get more words.  How is the logo going to be used? Does it need to be multi purpose (screen, side of a vehicle, business card, letter head etc.)  Does it need to make sens at a very small size (so not too complex).

I've told this story here before, but a very long time ago (40-50 years) I won a competition to come up with a tag line for a racing oil company, and even back then — long before Photoshop, but I was working part time doing paste up — I used the same process, and came up with:

'Ease your way to the front'

I got a gallon of said racing oil grudgingly handed to me with much fanfare at that year's Motorcycle Show at Earls Court (I think), and my picture was in Motorcycle News.  But they were miserable buggers, and I can remember the man saying 'Make sure you tell all your friends' with the intonation that I was soooo lucky.   I did use the oil, but went back to Mobile 1 after that.

Anyway, you asked about plugins, which is a wee bit odd because plugins don't design.  They just add effects to your designs.  They a also bound to become cliched because thousands of other people will have the same plugins.  I do like Alien Skin's Eye Candy 7 though, and I wish we could up to date versions of the Kai Power Tools.  Someone put up a 'will Adobe please reinstate Pixel Bender thread a couple of days ago, and that would also be very nice.

Some of the vast number of effects that Eye Candy 7 can do.  There are no layer styles or additional Photoshop tweaks.  Just Eye Candy.  The bottom one does use two effects, but they are both Eye Candy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the story, simple is always better. I am working on an idea it is minimalist but Im'm trying to embed neuro MK to logos and do them with minimal investment from the companies i.e one 5 sentence paragraph should be enough to create something that sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats a "logo plugin"... I want one of these too. They sound so cute and fuzzy

arabizi-monster.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neat, I want to take my food filled basket and have a picnic on his giant green grassy head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines