• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lord Of the Rings Startup Screens are obnoxious

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll admit up front that I'm a bit removed from popular culture. I just noticed that every startup screen on the "big three" adobe apps I use every day [Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign] all have artwork promoting the "Lord Of the Rings" TV show I wouldn't watch without a gun to my head! Thankfully, I just booted Audition and wasn't subjected to paid advertising on that app!

Is anyone else offended by this blatant product placement? It's not as if we aren't paying a packet for the luxury of renting these fine Adobe apps! Now the company has to sell the startup screen to hype a TV show??! Poor optics, Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIs anyone else offended by this blatant product placement?

By @James Donato

========

Not really.  I don't pay attention to street noise either.

Joint marketing and tie-in promotions are a tactic frequently used by companies to reach a wider audience.  Fast food chains do it all the time because... well... it works.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that "it works" shows that you do pay attention to street noise. We all do, and that's why it's offensive in this context. Adobe gets more and more expensive, and now they're subconsciously advertising to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't watch the startup screens.

I do other tasks while an app is starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See correct answer in this related topic.  It may help explain more.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-ps-splash-screen-why-am-i-getting-r...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I did a cursory search but could not find that before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I thought it's a cheap Captain Marvel Fan Art, realized Adobe squirted some Amazon promotion into their software.

I wouldn't be upset if the apps wouldn't crash all the time or updates basically render some UI stuff useless etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is just a question asking:

Is anyone else offended by this blatant product placement?

The answer is Yes. It doesn't sit right with me at all. It grosses me out. AND I like the show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines