• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Malware masquerading as Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed a malware version of Flash Player onto my Mac. Now getting a MacKeeper page loading, unbidden. How can I get rid of this junk?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same question, anybody know how to fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer is the ONLY way to get the real program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a question for Mac experts. While there are some here, probably, you should also ask in more Mac-specific forums too since this isn't really an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get rid of the problems, but it took me a lot of mucking around -- I'm no Mac expert.

As a final step I followed the instructions on this page: How to remove Kuklorest - MalwareFixes.​ (I'd also got this on my machine.)​ I think the Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac software was particularly helpful. (I checked reviews before downloading it and it appears to be legit, unlike a lot of apps claiming to sort malware apparently.) If I strike this sort of issue again, I'll start with that!

Before that though, I went into the library (from Finder, select the Go menu while holding down the option key). I sorted by date modified and sent the stuff that appeared to have been added at the time I downloaded the fake Adobe Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple always recommends running the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines