• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Northern lights or Aurora borealis

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone checking out the northern lights tonight? Supposedly a large swath of North America is going to be able to see the lights in the next 24 hours. Not sure if you can view this phenom the whole night providing you don't get cloud interface or light pollution.  I my self was able to view it somewhat looking north west where there was a crescent moon.  OK it was not that great considering I live in the city. But its still cool seeing a light pink swath and a ribbon of green just below. Go on and check it out. I myself won't be able to tomorrow since we're getting rain. Oh well.  But there are always live streams online if you just search. Saw a few good ones by CNN.

Hopefully we won't get any outages to our grid as there is going to be lots of inference from the storm which may affect some electronics and satellites. The storm is marked as "severe"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't up that late, but some folks said they could see northern lights as far south as Baja California! 😃

The peak of magnetic storm activity was between 1:am and 4:am (PDT).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter sent me a photo around 11 pm showing. It so I got up and shot a photo out the second floor window. Lots of trees and houses in the way. I couldn't see anything, but my camera picked it up. I'm in North Carolina. I was going to try again, tonight, but the clouds came in.

FB_IMG_1715399380806.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That just gorgeous! 

I just have a point and shoot camera. OK it has a night time mode but I don't think it would have taken such a nice shot anyways.

But it did take a nice pic of some possums last year. 😁

All the way from California, wow!  Must be something when you can view it from a beach instead of some arctic tundra. LOL😁

I'l love to visit someday.  Sounds really nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines