• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey & Gravy

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this method last year, it was excellent!!  From now on, this is my go-to recipe.  Allow yourself two days lead time to prep the turkey.  The prep makes all the difference.

Assemble stuffing ingredients in a lightly oiled crock pot (slow cooker). 

Cook on high for 1 hour, 25 minutes.

Perfect stuffing every time!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gravy is actually quite easy to make. But easy to blunder if you over do it with the extras you add to it. Best to keep it simple. Its just 4 table spoons of flour, pinch of pepper, a can of  broth with crackings from the bottom of the pan. Mix all the ingredients on medium high with whisk on the stove till the sauce thickens and bubbles. Add a bit of water if you need to thin it out but only in small amounts at a time. Needs to be stirred constantly till its done so it doesen't burn. Put a pinch of parsley for added flavour and it looks pretty as grave can get. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of work. We don't make Turkey anymore, and normally just go out to dinner. Our family used to make a semi vegetarian dressing: spinach, onions, carrots, bell peppers, and parsley, put through a grinder. The giblets are also ground up and added, but can be omitted, the combined with breaded stuffing dressing. My recipe is packed somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also serve vegan options for whoever wants them.  But turkey is the main event. 

When all is said & done, my favorite moment is that first cold leftover sandwich at 2:a.m. 

😋

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 th-BURNED-THE-PIZZA-card-LMM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We typically have about ~ 16 family members for Christmas lunch - bit like your Thanksgiving

with lots of turkey.

So, we always cook it the day before, slice and put it into a large serving tray with gravy made from

the carcase and all the trimmings.

That way, it's s simple reheat along with the other vegetables, potatoes etc.

It also means that it;s easy to move the timing of dinner since the logest cook time is then 40mins

for the roast potatoes.

Is it as good as "fresh", yes, I'd say so and makes the day far more relaxing.

If somone wants to see the turkey getting carved I send them this 😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8abWfjWek4

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines