Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presistent notification!

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm following some users of this forum (by setting connections). When some of them reply to some theard I'm notified of. About half a year ago I got new notifications, but one was not displayed on list of them (you know when you click in upper right corner that orange @ character with number of messages next to). I never was able to localize the topic where new post was posted. Then a month later I had the same situation. So I already had 2 unread messages I had not listed when I wanted to see it.

I went one by one to people profiles I follow and found in activity of one of them there is a post he answered (or liked), then he removed (unliked). The remain was archived in his activity space, but when I visited that topic there wasn't any mark of. Anyway that sufficied to click that topic to see one awaiting notification disappeared!

I went this way and for about an hour I were going to each activity of all users I followed from last 1,5 month to find the topic that caused 'the ghost' notification. Unfortunatelly nothing I clicked, set it to off.

Now I decided to find appropriate forum to post about, however there was not any so I ended here.

Can someone tell me how to reset unread (and invisible) notifications on the list of them (or find a topic related to)?

Ps. the 2nd time it happened when I invistigeted it in no time was that someone I follow deleted / unliked made post.

If you know a topic about I couldn't find myself please link me to, and if there is not, should I be contacted with Admin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Hi

I've occasionally had a persistent notification with no associated unread threads in the list. I find I can clear the notification by clicking on "Mark All Read"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've occasionally had a persistent notification with no associated unread threads in the list. I find I can clear the notification by clicking on "Mark All Read"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how I could miss it. I remember when I tried to figure out myself what to do I clicked everything over there, and surely 'Unread Only' box, but didn't see that second option you suggested, now I clicked, what solved the problem. So thank you for help. Initially that was annoying, then just normal to see I still have one unread message I accepted with time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome. I wondered why it happened and you're initial post gives some clue as to what might trigger it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines