• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared Bathrooms

Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about any other medical facilities, but Kaiser has gone to shared bathrooms

Bathroom.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to see Kaiser being all inclusive I wish this happened more often. Nothing much left I have to say on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vancouver water has a high mineral content (spots left on shower walls) and our toilet kept dropping an inch in the tank and running to fill the water again... put a new flapper in, with a silicone ring, and it didn't fix the problem

I called Grover plumbing and the advisor said to use wool from a mechanical sheep to gently rub the flapper ring to get all mineral build up off of the ring

When I put the flapper back on I added a small (brass to not corrode) weight on top of the flapper to make sure it is held down against the ring... still flushes (not much weight) so now we wait and find out if that fixed the problem, or if I need to find out how to replace the entire flapper assembly

Flap1.jpgFlap2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also use some white vinegar to dissolve the minerals. Let the flapper soak for a bit. It does a treat to boil some water and vinegar in an electric kettle! (Where I live, the water is hard.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Pink Stuff to remove hard water crud in bathrooms & kitchen.  Vegan so won't harm pets or humans.  It also comes in liquid spray bottle. Available here in big box stores and on Amazon.

image.png

In a pinch, use toothpaste to scrub inside of tank and parts. 

Some people keep a dollar store brand of toothpaste with several small holes punched along the tube inside their toilet tanks to reduce mineral build-up.  It releases slowly & smells nice too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines