• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small thoughts...

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to think about how people learn art by cheating!

Copying, tracing and such may help to start you off with part of the answer and later learn. Copying art was big in the olden days. It's still a way of learning from the old masters. Something to consider...

If you were living on Mars, what would you put on your mantlepiece?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

~ Oscar Wilde

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

~ Pablo Picasso

What separates a good artist from a great artist?

• A good artist will see another artists style and then try and emulate that style (copy) as closely as they can.
  • A great artist will select elements from another artist's work and incorporate (steal) it into their own unique mix of influences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Nancy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Last night my husband & I watched an Orson Welles docudrama called F For Fake  about an art forger,  Elmyr de Hory, who created 1,000s of fake artworks by Picasso, Matisse, Modigliani & Renoir.  He studied painting in Hungary, Germany and Paris but could not sell his original artworks so de Hory turned to forgery as a way to support himself.

These days, a good art forgery can sell for almost as much as the real thing.  But for obvious reasons, I don't recommend it as a career path. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its a bit like following a recipe. First you cook or bake exactly as its written in a recipe to see if you like it. Then later you learn to compromise and add your own twist of ingredients. Eventually you make your own version of something and share the recipe with someone else. 😉😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, thanks Hamlet for the aside! I've always wondered how to make a cake! What kind of icing? I'm a bit of a chocolate fan and like a cake to be all that. Do you have a waffle maker? Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines