• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

State of Adobe releasing for Linux in 2022?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic comes up regularly, but I'm wondering if there has been any moment in Adobe supporting Linux (on at least one widely used distro, like Ubuntu) in 2022 or beyond.

Any word on whether or not this is being taken more seriously now and into the future?

I totally acknowledge that it's not a small undertaking to support a whole new platform like that, and that Adobe bases such things on numbers and resources alone, first and foremost.

However, for what it's worth, I'm a very long-time designer that feels stuck to such a degree that abandoning my career crosses my mind regularly now. Either you're stuck with Mac, where hardware is grossly under-powered unless you spend unacceptable amounts of money on gouged upgrades that are designed to careen towards EOL obsolescence at shameful speeds, or you're stuck on a Windows machine that is a maddeningly unstable, unsecured, inconsistent, mistake-conducive, infuriating frustration to use. You can't win with either platform. The sentiment of questioning why we should bother at all with any of this is rearing its head now. I ache, dream, pray constantly to move away from both of these platforms for production work, permanently.

Again, I know Adobe bases its endeavors flatly on numbers. But there is no denying these numbers: Ever since Adobe moved to subscription model for their software they have gotten more money from customers than ever. Tons. Mountains of cash. For what though? I sure don't want more frills and toy-like novelty features and popups added to CC apps, nor do we need yet another annual release of something that provides no real upgrade or benefit, and neither do my colleagues. We're fed up with Apple's antics, we unanimously hate Windows. We don't just want options, we *need* them.

Please, is there any serious talk bubbling of finally doing a Linux release for CC in 2022 or beyond? I'm about at my breaking point here.

(thanks much)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Moderator moved from Download & Install to The Lounge.]

Short Answer: NO.

Long Answer: No need to rehash what's already been said.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge-discussions/waiting-for-linux-native-softwares/td-p/109432...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines