• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To Photoshop or not :P

Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know Adobe hates us using it this way, but who else reckons John Knoll is the one that started the trend of using it as a verb?

Untitled12.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the stranger verbs these days though is PDF as in "I need you to PDF that for me".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, everyone knows the PDF viewer is called "Adobe".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean (or I choose to correct) that it's all copyright but there is only a copyright challenge/takedown in certain cases. Copyright doesn't go away like trademarks, until its time is up. It's just that many creators tolerate, for a variety of reasons, widespread copyright theft on the internet. AND with Youtube and some other cases there is the further complication that the creator can choose to get the money from the adverts. Thus, one person's copyright theft becomes a creator's source of income. The creator may, or may not, be happy at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trademarks live forever. Copyright expires. From the US government trademark site:

Unlike patents and copyrights, trademarks do not expire after a set term of years.  Trademark rights come from actual “use” (see below). Therefore, a trademark can last forever - so long as you continue to use the mark in commerce to indicate the source of goods and services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a shameful ACP, I have long hesitated between "Photoshopping" and "Photoshopage" (in French): Avant-Après

Avant-Après = Before-After

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines