• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turtles stuck on melting roads [Branched to new thread by Mod]

Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes, just gave birth to a gazillion turtles !  The mommy turtles come out of lake, come up close to your patio or porch, dig a hole, lay their eggs, cover up hole, and mosey back to the lake.

Most baby turtles come out of the ground ( after a couple months ) and something in their DNA or whatever prompts them to go to the lake where their mom came from. Some, possibly stupid, turtles move to the FRONT of your property or house, where there is a ROAD, and try to cross the road to some weird turtle destination which no human on earth understands.

This is when they can get

a) squished by cars

b) stuck on melting road.

I called the local Turtle experts and asked what I can do to rescue these misguided turtles.

They said, " Pick them up and help them across the road to the other side."

Apparently they have a one track mind, like many humans I know, and if you put them back to the lake they will just turn around when you go away and go to the road again.

: )

[title changed by request ussnorway]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sitting on back porch near the lake, looking to see if more turtles hatched, and thinking I could herd them toward the lake if they happened to come out of ground while I was there.

All of a sudden I saw these guys fly by...and they are really cool. An ant, as you know, can lift more than 1000 times it's own weight ! They are really strong ! Also the communicate via special magic ANT WAVES ( humans call this using an "antenna " )

They were on their way to rescue silly turtles from getting stuck on melting roads around town !

ant man.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turtles getting stuck on melting roads don't belong in the melting roads thread ? How come my turtle stuff got moved from melting road thread ??

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the MOD who moved my turtles...could you at least put the title to TURTLES STUCK ON MELTING ROADS please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be argued that in recent years many extreme weather events have influenced the discussion of 'global warming' and man-made influences on our atmosphere and environments. Some of these discussions can be very scientific and interesting. Many film makers and artists are doing work now to illustrate (and sometimes influence) behavior to try and combat any increasing levels of atmospheric and environmental damages.

Sometimes this involves water supplies, food supplies, heat, cold, and storms and ( believe it or not ) animal life.

I mean wild animals, because most farmed and domestic animals have humans to help them.

This little joke about Turtles illustrated ( perhaps very subtle ) that melting roads can actually have a bad effect on wild animals. Even a one day interruption of a migration of animals to find water or food may have a very bad effect on them.

I understand the turtles have been unable to keep up to the criteria and serious nature of melting tires and hope the new turtle thread may inspire those film makers and artists ( working to illustrate and influence human behavior to save our planet ) can hear me say Thank You for your work, and keep it up !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Son of Godzilla is on broadcast TV now in Twin Cities area. I'm watching it now. Japanese people's mouths are moving and English language is coming out, but they are not in sync. Is OK. It was made around 1966 or something.

The synopsis is that Godzilla shows up to protect his son. I have no idea what will happen.

Godzilla, as you recall, was a mutant that got created by atomic bomb test site and some little lizard got radiated and became really bummed out and sank to the bottom of the ocean and eventually became a HUGE MONSTER !

This was one of the very first films made that illustrated the dangers of messing around with NATURE via man-made stupid stuff.

Now we have the same old stupid stuff ( poisons into environment via our cars and power stations and atomic waste, etc. )

But THIS movie, made around 1966 is fun to watch !

It's not as exciting as seeing car tires melt on road which is really the most exciting thing to see in the whole world.

But if you can, watch The Son of Godzilla !  Get some pizza ! Popcorn !  You'll love it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, I hope you didn't take my advice and watch that whole movie... once the monsters showed up (especially little baby Godzilla) it really got super stupid looking !  Yuck !

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines