• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using PS and Poser for stained glass project

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to create several stained glass panels for some windows in my living room, where the sun came in to brightly. My wife wanted some dolphins, so I looked all over the web for images of dolphins, but really didn't find anything that I could use. Suddenly, I remembered that Poser has animal models, and sure enough, there was a dolphin model. So I used that, so I could pose the dolphins exactly how I wanted them - I don't have very good free drawing skills. So this is one sample of the poser model:

dol 1d.png

Here are my finished windows:

Stained-glass-done.jpg

A little something different than just photography.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is amazing Chuck.  Did you make the panels yourself, and if yes, can you tell us a bit about the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made them myself. I used the copper foil method, where you wrap the pieces of glass with copper foil, so that you can solder it all together. The other method is to use lead came that has a channel in it for the glass,then you just solder the joints, but then you have to putty up the glass, so it doesn't rattle. To cut the holes for the round glass nuggets, I used a diamond hole saw in a water bath - photos below.

LRM_EXPORT_132408757669771_20181231_120952671[1].jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_131526621392920_20181231_115506839[1].jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_131760966623768_20181231_115901184[1].jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A double wow ! Absolutely amazing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow !  They look fantastic Chuck.

Are they made in glass, or printed an attached to the glass ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, all made out of different colored glass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Chuck+Uebele  wrote

Dave, all made out of different colored glass.

I'm still totally impressed at how well you have cut the glass other than the holes Chuck.  I had to drill holes in a ceramic pot for the garden recently, and used a glass drill with water inside a ring of Bluetack.  It took forever!   About twenty minutes for a 6mm hole!

Does the copper edging discolour into something a bit less 'copper' coloured with time?  It's a wee bit bright as it is.

That's a nice tidy workshop.  I have a theory that clamps are like tripods.  You start with cheap clamps with plastic mechanisms that break as soon as you apply a firm grip on them, and you end up buying proper clamps that last and do the job they are designed for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor, the copper is covered with lead solder, so no copper shows when finished. Yes, get good tools to start with!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines