Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vaio Z Flip vs Surface Book

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have to make a purchase and am having trouble deciding between the Vaio Z Flip and Microsoft Surface Book.  This will pretty much be my everything computer. and the capability of utilizing a desktop screen at times. I require business use as well. which is simple standard MS office software.

Please let me know what your experiences are with these choices. It's a lot of money to just pick one and hope for the best.   Thank you in advance!

Cynthia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You indicated a need to support MS Office but you haven't said much about which Adobe products you use.   I'll tell you from experience that heavy graphics or video work requires a LOT of resources -- fast CPU, generous physical drive and plenty of RAM memory.  I'm not sure any tablet or tablet hybrid is quite up to the task for everything I do.   I need a powerful desktop PC.

Read the system requirements for the products you use most.  And remember, these are mere recommendations.  You will need far more resources to support your OS (Win10) and all other software you use.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Nancy! And excellent point! The programs that I currently use the most are from Adobe CC.  AI, PS LR and InD  It appears that the requirements of all of them will be met with both products. Yes I agree that  more stable and powerful PC has the advantage. That being said, I do not have drawing pen capacity with my current setup.(which is also lacking in the graphics card arena)  You could say that I am in an in between stage... I am not by profession a graphic designer.  I do graphics work for my own business and a few others. And I am just starting to get involved with web design using WP. The reason that I am looking at both of these hybrids as an option is that I need to be very mobile with the capacity to simply plug into a monitor. either for more working monitor real estate or for presentations as  I travel. I am hoping to visit with someone who has experienced  both the Vaio Z Flip or Surface Book that could share their overall opinion on ease of use, capacity,  pen/drawing ease and responsiveness.  I hope that you or someone else can help me in my decision making process.  Thanks again Nancy! ~ Cynthia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By marking  your Reply as the Correct Answer, you have essentially closed this discussion.  It's not locked but it's unlikely to attract more participants.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha! You are right Nancy. Apparently I  inadvertently did that! I will try to correct it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines