• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We're Adobe and We're ARROGANT and STUPID. We do automatic updates that REQUIRE you to restart your computer. We don't care if you're in the middle of a project, We don't care what else you might be doing. We're the only software publisher in the world.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There. I feel better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

My software always asks if I want to update and/or restart my computer now or later. Simple solution: Check your settings and adjust them accordingly .

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yoga you must try", often said Yoda.

MTFBWY!

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obi-wan Kenobi wrote:

"Yoga you must try", often said Yoda.

MTFBWY!

(^/)

try-not.jpg

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beat such systems by using a second rate 'puter for internet and my good one NEVER goes online!

That may limit me in some ways - certain things insist on going online or they stop working.  But I then hurl obscenities at them, and their arrogant programmers, and proceed with my preferred software that does not insult me by assuming their updates are more important than my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sockratease wrote:

I beat such systems by using a second rate 'puter for internet and my good one NEVER goes online!

So how would you get any of the Adobe products on your computer in the first place if it is NEVER connected to the Internet?

Internet is required to install the software and required to be online at lest once in 30 days to verify it's license.

So, I'd guess you would be using pirated software on your good one? Wouldn't that be worse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Sockratease doesn't subscribe to CC.  He's on perpetual license so it's not essential that he be online.  I've known a few old ACP's who worked that way too.  In fact one guy didn't have any anti-virus on his work box.  As shocking as this sees today he didn't need it  'cuz the PC was never online.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Nancy is correct!

I use CS6 since I have a wildly unstable income and a wife who's medical bills leave me overdrawn at mortgage time all too often.

Because of that I ruled out any and all subscription based software!  I can easily see me finally getting a decent freelance job and not being able to cover the subscription costs for my software!

I even use a dumb phone whose bill is only $25 per month and had my land line disconnected.

It's sad that you jumped to the conclusion that I'm stealing because I insist on a lifetime license for my software, but as an Old Hippy I still get all kinds of discrimination so I am used to unjustified insults.  The sight of a 50-something man with long hair is just too much for some people, but I never got accused of criminal behaviour for using older software before.

As our favorite Nobel Laureate said - The Times, They Are A' Changing...

And Nancy - I not only have no AV on the good 'puter, I had a more tech savvy friend stop out and disable every unneeded service and strip it down to the bare essentials to make it run fast!  Rendering Fractals and 3D Animation is a resource hog and I got it running almost twice as fast after that  (but it would be dangerous to put it online now since it is naked and defenseless!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My software always asks if I want to update and/or restart my computer now or later. Simple solution: Check your settings and adjust them accordingly .

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Also, no software will force you to restart your computer. You can always tell it to wait to a later time. It might bug you from time to time until you restart, but it won't ​force​ you to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had Adobe decide for me when to update. As Nancy said, check your settings.

Are you sure it's not Microsoft Windows 10 or other software doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had Adobe's software force an update and it has never forced a restart either. Whatever happened on your system was either some mis-click on the part of the user or it was something else doing it that was mistaken for Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya me neither, it has always asked to update and even if i choose to update right then it will tell me i must save and close whatever Adobe product im working in. Sounds like something in your settings needs to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something in your settings needs to change.

Or maybe the computer has been hijacked by malware. 

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… Maybe devaghost's computer is actually sad and sends him a SOS!

I've already seen depressive computers when new realeases arrive as at the moment!!

With Internet, all computers discuss between them in our back:

"Hey guys [other machines], don't update CC 2017! … Since I did it, I've a dreadful headache!!" … I've the hard drive that explodes!!!

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've the hard drive that explodes!!!

If they are made by Samsung (exploding cell phones and washing machines) that is certainly possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everybody should read this:
Re: Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Fine example of Adobe arrogance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines