• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When too much of a good thing goes horribly wrong

Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

39 year old vegan influencer, dies of starvation and exhaustion.

The influencer, Zhanna Samsonova— well-known in the vegan community and on social media as Zhanna D'art, had been living in South-East Asia eating an exclusively raw vegan diet consisting of fruits, sunflower seed sprouts, fruit smoothies and juices for the last 5 years.

Friends said her eating habits had become worryingly restrictive in the last few months of her life and she passed away from a "cholera-like infection" exacerbated by "exhaustion of the body by her all vegan diet."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a link, but several years ago I read about a short, slender woman who was an avid runner... with a daily routine of rubbing LOTS of a heat rub on her legs when they got sore (I'm not sure of the brand, so won't post any rub name)

She died, and her autopsy said that SO much of the 'heat' ingredient had been absorbed into her body that her system shut down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh!   The active ingredients in Tiger Balm, as an example, are 22% camphor & menthol. She must have been bathing in it.

I occasionally use a generic version of Asper-cream.  But even asprin has risks if it's used too much.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny-vegan-memes-crossfit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vegan.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines