• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who's star gazing tonight? [OT]

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been busy lately. But tonight I'm out in the lawn, sitting in a chair, my feet up on a table, gazing at the stars out over the young corn fields of Iowa...thinking what a touch of Photoshop might look like...and enjoying the beautiful weather tonight.

Hey, just saw a meteor, too. Nice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would join you Benjamin, but it is daylight here, damn cold outside, and there is half a planet between me and the sky you are looking at.  Do you know that Noel Carboni is a serious astronomy geek?  His Pro Digital Software company has a few astronomy related titles.  In fact, I think he has bought his prices down.  $22 for his Astronomy Tools is a steal.

Astronomy Tools Actions Set by ProDigital Software

I hope he doesn't read this, but I always think his website lacks the sort of bells and whistles the Photoshop forums #1 poster ought to have — especially so considering what he does for a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that might be a small problem there, Trevor! Just so you don't miss out on the view, here's a quick two shot image I threw together in camera.

image.jpeg

The full moon is just poping up over the horizon now, but a bit late here for more pictures

Yes, I've been to Noel's site a time or two. Looks like some very neat stuff there I'd love to try out, haven't gotten around to that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spooky looking crops Benjamin.  You just be careful out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Trevor, I must be hard headed! See the way that meteor bounced off? LOL

Oh, gener7, those spooky crops are being lit up by that Nitecore MH 20 I was telling you about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that is one of those tactical torches that melt an attacker's eyes if you point it at them?   Torches are like tripods.  You go through a heap of them working your way up to the killer device you should have got at the outset, except it hadn't been invented back then.  I recently gave up on the huge and heavy lead acid yellow plastic torch you see at every DIY store, and got an Energizer Hardcase Spotlight.   It can put a small spot of light on the moon on a dark night, and is ridiculously bright, but I see it is rated at 500 lumens, whereas your MH20 is double that at 1000 lumens.  So now I have to find how to get an MH20 in New Zealand! 😞

[EDIT]  Any advance on 4100 lumens? 

The Torch - World's Brightest Flashlight | Wicked Lasers

[EDIT AGAIN]  7500 lumens and counting.  This is getting silly, (and is nothing to do with Photoshop, so folk will be complaining).

The Brightest LED Flashlights Of 2016 -- Reactual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is how it always goes, Trevor! Speaking of that, you'd better look into the TM16

But that MH20 is a nice all around light. Five levels of power makes it even more useful. And light painting usually can benefit from some touch-up in Photoshop, so I'd say it's related If not, you can put MH20's in my eye sockets with Photoshop, then we'll be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I had to check the articles Trevor linked to. The comments were a hoot as well.

But anyway, I've got an MH-20 with an 18650 battery on my "want list" as you suggested. Sounds like 1000 lumens is plenty enough for outdoor use to where you can see where you are going. I'm never going to invest over $100 in a flashlight unless there is a compelling reason. As you said, the MH20 is the nice "all around".

Seems like you've always get the best bang/buck ratio.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With three forum moderators in this thread, perhaps one of us should have edited the subject line with an [Off Topic] addition.   But getting back to the important things, i.e. ridiculously bright flash lights, I was thinking that my Energizer Hardcase Spotlight was already over the top, and that only has 500 lumens.

HCSP61E-1

Does the Nitecore MH 20 have an adjustable beam angle?  There are going to be times when heating up a six inch diameter circle on the ground in front of you, is going to be of limited use...    If you know what I mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What say this gets moved to Community Connections, same as the jokes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, how did you know I've been running around with my MH 20 torch, burning trenches in the neighborhood?

Gene, I had though of moving there, but that forum is pretty much dead. Not sure if this is Photoshop related enough to stay here though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread can quietly slip away now.  I wanted to make sure you'd seen the trench illustration, as I'd spent longer than usual putting it together.  I did add an Off Topic [OT] to the subject line though.  I didn't even know that the Community Connections forum existed. Is that where they send very old forum regulars after they pass their sell-by date? Perhaps Station is there, with his boiler plate posts, feeling frustrated because there is no one to be rude to!   Hey, that reminds me.  He emailed recently, and I don't think I got back to him.  My bad. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that was quite a fine job, Trevor! It was a true laugh out loud moment for me when I saw the edit

Community Connections is a replacement for the old lounge. Problem is, almost no one uses it for the intended purpose. That leaves only the mistaken posters with software or account problems who post there.

Good to hear ole Station is still with us..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not OT at all. exactly the kind of Forum Lounge discussion we should be promoting.

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jerry. Figured I'd move it here in honor of the update to Forum Lounge.

Oh yes, here's the final image I put together:

DSC_3161.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines