• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why should I update to Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My small publishing company is still using CS5.5. Now we can't update to Catalina until we dive into Creative Cloud and Adobe dips into my pocket every month. For the life of me, I can't find a good reason to update to Creative Cloud. The only improvements from 5.5 I can see are just bells and whistles. Can someone please offer something real to justify this cost?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Now we can't update to Catalina

Problem solved... Stay on an old Mac operating system and you don't need to update your programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that's one approach. However Catalina actually HAS some features worth upgrading for. I take it you're not a CC fan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reply to a question as asked... you talked about Catalina and not wanting to have a monthly fee for a Cloud subscription

You can't have Catalina and still use your old programs... so the choice is yours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my question was about Creative Cloud and are there any good reasons for upgrading. Thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>small publishing company is still using CS5.5

>can't find a good reason to update to Creative Cloud

>dive into Creative Cloud and Adobe dips into my pocket every month

>only improvements from 5.5 I can see are just bells and whistles

Again, I answer questions as they are asked... you said your current software does what you want, and you don't want to pay a monthly fee

1 - Cloud programs are updated to work on newer computers and operating systems

--DO note that Catalina is causing problems for many Adobe and non-Adobe programs, so wait a month or two

2 - Cloud programs do add new features... but if you don't need those features, don't switch

3 - as I said... don't upgrade to Catalina if you want to keep using your old software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have questions about specific programs, go to https://community.adobe.com/ and ask in that program's forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for helpful tips on Creative Cloud apps. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Still looking for helpful tips on Creative Cloud apps

Do what I said in my last message... go to the main page and click the link(s) for the programs you use or might want to use, and then ask in the forum for the specific program(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe applications in the CS5.5 suite do you use?

I went from CS5.5 to CC and wouldn't go back if I could.

I  primarily use:

Premiere Pro 

Photoshop
After Effects

AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Bob. We primarily use InDesign, Photoshop, and InCopy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rosie,

I hope all is well.  I am sure everyone has said why to join the Creative Cloud. 

For me it is simple....  CS5 is now quite old.  I actually won a copy of that years ago while in NYC.  That was before 2012.  Since then there have been several improvements... to many to name.  But the software has several new features, which could increase your workflow as it did mine.

And there are new updates being announced during Adobe Max which is going on now!

The other great thing is if you get the whole entire creative cloud it will give you more flexibility and allow you to create more.  For example, Adobe Character Animator is really cool and allows you to easily bring characters to life.  As one's work, business and even creativity evolve... you might want to try out the other Adobe apps.  There might be some that could be of use to your publishing company.

I say go for it.  Explore all the software that is now available!  You might surprise yourself and find a way to create new things that generate more revenue.... as well as have a faster workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines