• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About this "posting" thing. A suggestion if I may.

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is a great idea. It's helped many; myself included. There has to be more, much more participation for it to flourish. Moderating is fine and rightly so; to be able to place the questions where they stand the most chance of being answered properly. But after awhile, even questions that have no business being bounced inevitably get caught in the net or worst the poster is belittled publicly for not reading the rules and their post disappears to heaven knows where. There left to wonder and perhaps angered. No one wants to feel that way. It may dissuade one from considering posting ever again out of embarrassment if nothing else.

My suggestion is simply. A few smallish software Icons strewn across the top near the banner with a "for ? about Illustrator post here" likewise for Photoshop and so on. Can't hurt, and would be one more re-director.

But even with that, I suppose folks will still post and be bounced and moderators will still be needed. Thanks 4 reading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cactus:

When the posts are moved by a moderator, they don't just disappear. They are moved to the forum in which they can be best answered, and the person who posted the question gets a notification of where the post has been moved to.

Also, the front page of this forum states quite clearly that it is not the place for support or tech questions, and there is a link to the front of the forums pages.

Screenshot 2016-09-16 13.35.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines