• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accidentally deleted file

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted a file I was still working, i had not saved it prior to me deleting it. is there anyway i can retrieve that file? is there a "recently deleted" file i can go to, or something like that? i have an apple computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your Trash Bin.  But if you didn't save it, well... hmmm... it might be a goner.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy said, check your Trash folder on your Dock. If it isn't there, it might still be available in your Time Machine backups. Read this for how: Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i had not saved it prior to me deleting it"

The fact it wasn't saved in the first place means that it is gone as it was never really created in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thought, Brad, but I also considered perhaps the original poster might have misspoken. I would rather she do a quick look for files that don't exist than not go looking for files that might exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You first must have 'saved' at least once to the device/machine/computer/laptop hard drive. Save it to the folder where you keep your images. If you did that early in your process, then you should be able to go to your trash/recycle bin to recover it. If you didn't save it at least one time, then it is gone.

Once you open the base or original image, save with a new name (save IMG_1001 as IMG_1001-1). You now have two copies, one is the original, and one is the 'Work' copy. As you progress with your work-flow/process, save your work copy frequently (every 10-15 minutes).

Never work on your original, always use a 'Work' copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines