• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 3D document creation

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe help me with 3D document creation from our CAD system? I want to create documents where by i can view a component and assembly and be able to manipulate the data so as to give clear assembly instructions. If you imagine like an IKEA instruction book but a bit more graphical.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal method of creating a 2d illustration, (printed) from a 3d cad, is to create what is known as an 'exploded view'. This moves the individual parts/components away from what would have been the assempled view.

If you have a shop floor that you can visit, you should look at the illustrations in both the servicing manual and parts manual, as both do use slightly different methods of viewing an exploded view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear.

I'm not trying to create a 2D image.

I want to know the capability of the 3D package. Can you import a 3D model and then hide/show part and create views of sub assemblies, something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this, depending on how the model was constructed, and whether you can successfully import it to Photoshop.

Photoshop can open the following 3D formats: DAE (Collada), OBJ, 3DS, U3D, and KMZ (Google Earth). In practice, I've found that my colleagues using SolidWorks or Creo (Pro-E) typically can't export in one of those formats. I usually have to ask them to create the views and export a flat 2D file for me.

Here's a little more detail about file formats, import and display of 3D in Photoshop:

Essential 3D concepts and tools in Photoshop

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also add 3D to PDFs in Acrobat and interact with the models. See Displaying 3D models in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat and Adding 3D models to PDFs (Acrobat Pro) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines