Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ACE exams

Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe retired the recertification exam.

Some of us need to be up to date with the exams since we teach at Adobe certified places.

They just announced the new exams which will be in August and I think that the "OLDER" certified community like us that have so much experience should fight together to bring back the Recertification exam.  I teach the ACA classes in USC, I give advise to students about the ACE exams and feel that it is not fair to ask us to do the entire exam again every two years.

1. In the past as an ACP we got a code from Adobe for free exams...but as everything else it went away now we get 50% off...

2. In the past Adobe certified people created the test now it is part of Pearson and actually it is a money making venture...

3. they said that the recertification was on line so was not fair, they can bring it back not on line.

Why experts like us need to do the entire test? we are the one that answers the questions...

They asking us with our experience to do the same test that a new person doing?

I think we need to do something. I have been communicating with Debra Prewitt from Adobe. She is trying to help but I think she needs help from the community.

Can we do something?

I know that I am not going to do the full blown test....not part of my plan....let create some noise!

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 08.58.01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about doing new exams. i am preparing to have new exams this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my humble but candid opinion, all this ado about exams and statuses is only valid and valuable to those who want to take pride in them, rightfully honour the rules, and enjoy the perks. After all, it's what you want to make of it – there are no obligations ! It's entirely your choice to take the effort of going through all the trouble of preparation (seriously combing out all blogs, NFN and JDI notes of all new versions) and to pay your share of the costs (maybe with that 50% discount), to experience that slight nervousness to go to an exam center, and spend some time gazing at a screen full of specially concocted brain teasers...

But be aware, alongside this ACA/ACE/ACI ecosphere, there's another whole world of course centres, trainers, and their clients, in which many are operating as skilled and smooth as their certified colleagues. Most institutions and tutors are just as proficient as an AATC/ACI, although some really might be a bit less qualified.

So when you cherish your hard-earned status(es) and e.g. a client is explicitly looking for an authorised and certified offering, then your exclusive services may come to their attention, probably stronger than those from others. The amount of competition in this certified market is smaller, the mutual level of trust and understanding is instantly higher, and the level of appreciation and rates are also at a higher level. But the market is also smaller. So don't expect to acquire clients by the dozens 😉

I've been an ACE/ACI in half a dozen applications (since 15 years) and I always enjoy these exams as a confirmation of my assumption that most software is still a jungle to be overwon, every time...

Some practical notes:

• try to take the exams when they offer the longest longevity and when you feel ready for them;
  • don't worry too much about missing a certification's expiration date or skipping a CC version, because Adobe is also not very strict on precision in planning and preparing these exams; it's a bit of a game and a gamble which shouldn't be taken too seriously;
  • however, if you do see some trainer or training center consistently using credentials in a way which is not allowed, notify trainingpartners@adobe.com of the case, to let them verify it and perhaps take action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I do not care about that certification. I'm interested in skill and ability to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is important to be Qualified, other than certified you are right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noiiiiisee!!!

I support chanaart​'s call for a return of the Recert exams!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was just starting out, having the certification was an affirmation of the ability to lead a department while being young.

Now that I've had decades of using various software, I'm focused on creative direction more than merely technical manipulation of tools.  I do like to see that new hiring candidates have the abilities that an ACE might highlight.

Recertification - probably don't need it for anything I do professionally, but I do like to continue to challenge myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am an ACI for quite a while. I found it challenging and expensive (time and currency).

The cost did out-weight the benefits. The customers that required a 'qualified' trainer were quite rare, unlike the requests for a trainer that had 'real-world' experience.

A while back I needed the certifications, it made me feel great. Now, I am glad I am past this. It looks great on my CV and some potential employers/recruiters thought it made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines