Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Certified Associate - Course?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been wanting to be Adobe Certified for a while and I was wondering if you had to take a specific/official online course in order to prepare for it? I also have access to Lynda.com, would those videos prepare me for the exam as well?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

If your college requires you to take the ACA exam as part of your degree or certificate program, you should be provided with the necessary preparation guides and a list of testing centers.

Certificate programs, certifications | Adobe

The ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) exams are much tougher & aimed at people who plan to teach or write books about Adobe products.    ACE exams are administered by Pearson VUE at 5,000 testing centers worldwide.

Certification | Adobe Digital Learning Services

NOTE:  E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your college requires you to take the ACA exam as part of your degree or certificate program, you should be provided with the necessary preparation guides and a list of testing centers.

Certificate programs, certifications | Adobe

The ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) exams are much tougher & aimed at people who plan to teach or write books about Adobe products.    ACE exams are administered by Pearson VUE at 5,000 testing centers worldwide.

Certification | Adobe Digital Learning Services

NOTE:  Exams do not measure your talents, skills or experience.   They measure your ability to take tests.    Unless you require certification to graduate or teach at a training center, I don't see much value in it myself.   Personally, I've never been asked to show a prospective client any certificates.  They don't care what tools I use.  They just want the job done correctly, on time & on budget.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As far as I know, my college does not require it but I was interested in being certified in hopes for brownie points on my resume. But from reading your advice, it seems that it's not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are a member of lynda.com, then yes, watch Mike Rankin's course. It will give you pointers about the ACA exam and how it works. It will not teach you everything about InDesign.

https://www.lynda.com/InDesign-tutorials/Adobe-Certified-Associate-Prep-InDesign/505168-2.html

Your title specified ACA, and that exam does not expect you to know as much as the ACE (Expert) exam. But you should be using the program so that you know it hands on. Taking a course with a certified instructor at a certified training center is useful, or you can watch and work through more videos at lynda.

https://training.adobe.com/training/partner-finder.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the courses taught by Mike Rankin on Lynda.com. However, I was more interested in Premiere and After Effects unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An editing or post production lab, might give extra weight to a person who has passed certification exams on the software versions they use in the lab.  How much weight though is anybody's guess.  I think it would probably vary.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines