Adobe Should Consider Boycotting Fox News

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I realize this is probably impossible, but I'm going to try because I feel so passionate about what is going on in this country.

I see Adobe is a sponsor of Fox news. I'm sure there is some responsible reporting going on there, but feel that the "alternate truths" and spin they portray is propaganda and is counter-productive to a unified nation. As long-time Adobe customer (20+ years), I ask that as customers and employees of Adobe we ask that Adobe consider pulling any advertising or support from Fox News as a statement against propaganda news.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe has commercials on fox news?

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to The Lounge]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is in the business to sell it's products. When any company advertises, they want to get the biggest bang for their buck. According to Google search I just did, Fox news has had the highest rating of all cable news for about the past 15 years. Seems like a good place to reach potential customers. Plus it's all a mater of view point. Liberals feel that Fox is unreliable and spews rightist propaganda, and the Conservatives feel the same about news from CNN, MSNBC, and others. It's best to get information from as many sources as possible and attempt to come to somewhat reasonable conclusion, taking into account our own biases. I don't think Adobe should be boycotting news agencies. Adobe's CEO, Shantanu Narayen, did come out with a statement regarding Trumps immigration policy, which is fine.

US Executive Order on Immigration | Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not see that statement, Chuck Uebele. Thank you for sharing it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see what any of it has to do with Adobe software...

perhaps if Fox News photoshops a wall?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I know there are a lot of passionate people who disagree with what is happening, I think it would be wrong for any business to become involved in such disagreements.

Politics is a personal thing, decided by each individual, and should remain so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Businesses are getting involved. Nordstrom stopped carrying Ivanka Trump's brand. Starbucks is hiring refugees.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, has anyone seen an adobe commerical on fox news?

i've rarely seen adobe commercials and i don't remember what channel i was watching when they appeared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't watch TV and if I did, I would never watch Fox News.

BUT

I Googled Adobe TV ads and watched Adobe Sign TV Spot, 'Signing a Billion Dollar Contract' 

Adobe rocks!

Adobe TV Commercials - iSpot.tv

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very funny video. I don't watch much TV, and watch commercials even less; however, I do watch a variety of news programs, Fox included, to get a wide range of opinions. I don't recall seeing an Adobe ad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are funny!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Thanks for being so graceful in your replies! I'm new to "activism" and was responding to a post on a friend's facebook page. There was a list being circulated of companies that "sponsor" fox news and I was surprised to see Adobe since I didn't think they advertised. Anyway, I thought it wouldn't hurt to send messages to those companies on the list with whom I do business. Since I couldn't find a way to contact adobe through e-mail I posted here. I would not normally bring politics into business so apologize for posting here. It wasn't appropriate. I'm just so afraid of what's going on in this country and if we can't trust news sources, we're in big trouble. I actually don't watch ANY news programs since I think they have become so sensationalized. I stick to what I consider reliable sources online and yes, some would say slightly left-leaning.: NYT, Washington Post, LA Times, NPR, BBC. Once again, my apologies for not thinking twice about posting on this forum. Again - thanks for not completely hammering me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god Trump does not use Photoshop while sitting in his robe... it would take away from his amazing Tweets!

I say kudos to Adobe for being one of the companies trying to appeal the travel ban!

I think the forums are not a good place to start poltiical discussions, this kind of jibberish can really stay on Facebook.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! How do I delete this? My first foray into "activism" and I feel like an idiot. I've thanked you all for being graceful and apologized and now I just want it to go away and can't for the life of me figure out how to delete the original post. Chalk all this up to being a dinosaur in the digital age and making mistakes. My disdain for technology is all right here! Can anyone help me figure out how to delete my original post? I've looked all over the place and can't figure out how. This may be my penance! Forever dogged by a impulsive reaction!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol.  don't feel bad: passion for your country is admirable.

(but yes, once you post something on the internet, even if deleted, it never goes away.  google has the post cached somewhere on its magic servers.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well darn.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are real problems in the world that need solving.  Crying about some political nonsense isn't one of them.  Grow up!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane-e LATEST
Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HawkeEye  wrote

There are real problems in the world that need solving.  Crying about some political nonsense isn't one of them.  Grow up!

Having a President who is being accused of treason is a real problem to many of us. We don't consider it political nonsense, and we are grown up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines