• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Affordable prices for the rest of the World! (Brazil)

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a student like myself, one year of Adobe Creative Suite, costs R$ 1.020,00 (Its rises for R$ 2.500 for non students)

The minimum wage in Brazil is R$ 10.560,00/year

As a student I earn a scholarship of R$ 5.040/year

So, this price is like ~10% (for a non student) and ~20% (for a student) of the anual wage for a single product. But I also have other costs for living like food, transportation...

I would like to ask you to review your prices policies on other countries than the USA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not talking to Adobe here.  This is a public user-to user forum for the exchange of creative ideas.  Since we don't work for Adobe, there's nothing we can do about the prices Adobe sets for its products.  Those decisions are made at the corporate level.  And Adobe executives don't come to this forum.

Personally, I sympathize with you and your fellow Brazilian's who are struggling through a major economic crises. The value of your Brazilian Real is very low compared to other currencies. As of today,  EURO 88.78 = USD $100 =  R $322.73.   Hopefully your economy will improve soon.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, tanks for the feedback.

But it's not only the actual currency or what you called crisis, Brazil always had this overly expensive products like Adobe with insane high prices. The yearly subscription plan is cheaper, but still unrealistic.

A simple calculation shows that is cheaper to buy Creative Suite in USD than in BRL.

Adobe fo students costs USD 239,88 a year. But in Brazil is BRL 1020,00, which corresponds USD 316,77.

Here we earn less than Euro and Dollar countries, but we have the highest price... why?

For an example, Netflix here is BRL 21,99 monthly (USD 6,83) and Spotify is 19,99 (USD 6,20).

Thanks again for the support. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel for you. I often wonder how people in other countries can afford things like Adobe apps. My daughter's boyfriend is from Recife, Brazil, and I often hear him talk of the difficulties in purchasing power between the two countries. I must admit, I would swap our medical payments for yours. My daughter wound up in the hospital for 4 days a few years ago in Recife. We were panicking over what the bill would be, as they were running all sorts of test on her, and she was in one of the private hospitals rather than the public ones. It turned out that the bill came to about $1,800 USD, where it would have been in the tens of thousands of dollars here in the U.S..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because the health-care system in the US is f'ed-up, to be honest. Nowhere else in the world does someone need to be afraid of going bankrupt just for spending a couple of days in a hospital, nor should they.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No kidding!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines